Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

OddFinn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2009, 9:11 am

I selected this area for my post, since the post is about myself and I am pretty new here.

The neuropsychological test results just came. It says that eye-contact is abnormal, staring. Speech very formal. Many answers concrete rather than abstract. Cognitive capacity far above average. Memory better than average. Distraction because of outside sounds. Some clumsiness learning three-phase series of moves. Ambidextrous. Analyzes own feelings by outward reactions or by what others say. Above average deduction, especially mathematical deduction. Lower than average eye-hand cooperation.

The neuropsychologist is not qualified to diagnose. And my doctor is not sure, who is going to make the actual diagnosis. Either they send me next to a psychiatrist, or the neurologist I already met earlier is doing the diagnosis.

It's hard to believe they do not actually know who should make the diagnosis.

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2009, 5:55 pm

That is a little strange that they don't know who's supposed to give you the diagnosis. Wishing you good luck with that, OddFinn, and welcome to the Wrong Planet.

OddFinn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2009, 6:56 am

JetLag wrote:
That is a little strange that they don't know who's supposed to give you the diagnosis.

I just called my doctor to find out more. He said it would be the neurologist, and scheduled me to see her next week. My doctor has an aspie in his family, so he knows about it a lot. He went through my results, and gave me an unofficial "you most likely have Asperger's" guess.

Quote:
Wishing you good luck with that, OddFinn, and welcome to the Wrong Planet.

Thanks.