Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2009, 5:13 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
Been using 3.5 for a while now, as Shiretoko, (in Ubuntu) love it, I have had some compatibility issues but as Orwell rightly points out these will be fixed, it does crash occasionally, but then it gives you a really nice apology for doing so :D

Tip: Use the Ubuntuzilla script to get the real Mozilla-branded FF3.5 in Ubuntu.

Aoi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2009, 5:21 pm

Since no one has mentioned it, I'm running FF3.5x under Mac OS X (Leopard) with my favorite extensions up and running fine, and no crashes, glitches, or other problems to report. I also use Opera and Safari for certain tasks, but FF is my main and favorite browser.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Aug 2009, 5:45 pm

Earlier when I was posting thumb-nailed screen shots I noticed that FF3.5 and my Photobucket page don't get along too well when it comes to uploading and then deleting redundant images...I'll have to log into Photo-bucket with my net-book running FF3.01 and clear up my PB album.

Pikachu
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2009, 10:23 am

Orwell wrote:
It's officially out now, and it owns.
nah, it's actually hopeless and disappointing over previous versions of firefox, 95% of websites I've visited in it do NOT work, so I switched to (the buggy) Google Chrome which just works

Allegedly away with the fairies for 6-7 years

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2009, 10:44 am

Pikachu wrote:
Orwell wrote:
It's officially out now, and it owns.
nah, it's actually hopeless and disappointing over previous versions of firefox, 95% of websites I've visited in it do NOT work, so I switched to (the buggy) Google Chrome which just works

You're kidding? What sites are you visiting that a standards-compliant browser won't render? It's not as ground-breaking as FF3 was, but it's still an improvement on an already amazing browser. And FF3.6 will be out fairly soon anyways.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2009, 11:22 am

I have had problems with one (of those) sites; it wouldn't let me into the forums except to look. Their tech support couldn't find anything wrong (and didn't fix the problem...;)

Ran into another similar forum software engine at another site (some web comic place), with apparently the same web software, but once I got verified, it works fine.

Just the same behavior at both sites; it could be Firefox, but more likely it's the forum software..

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Sep 2009, 2:38 pm

richie wrote:
Earlier when I was posting thumb-nailed screen shots I noticed that FF3.5 and my Photobucket page don't get along too well when it comes to uploading and then deleting redundant images...I'll have to log into Photo-bucket with my net-book running FF3.01 and clear up my PB album.

Getting rid of the Skype extensions for Firefox seems to have cleared up this problem. Skype extensions
have caused all sorts of weird problems with earlier versions of Firefox. I also got rid of "Browser Hi-Liter".