Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgheog- Old show, who cares? =P

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

LeonSKennedy827
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jan 2006, 4:39 pm

As of late, I've been starting to like this more than SatAM.... O.o

I'm being serious too, even though the plots may not be that good, it certanily makes up for it!

The Sonic and Tails Duo in my opinion, can't be seen stronger anywhere else, not even Sonic 2, when Tails first came into the Sonic series ^_^

And I don't know why so many people think this show's stupid, I think it's funny! There was this one moment where Scratch and Grounder set a trap for Tails, with a chili dog on it, and he made them think he got caught in it, that brid one ran up to the trap to get Tails, and got his feet stuck in the trap, then Tails got the chili dog and said "Thanks for the dog guys!" l=P

Plus, Tails said somthing ADORABLE at the end of that episode

"Why be like the rest, when you can be the best? h^_^"

And the way Sonic and Tials high fived eachother was ungodly cute wub.gif

And I just ADORE Sonic and Tails's friendship!

And no offence to anyone out there, but I am SO BEYOND SICK of hearing stuff like "OMG AOSTH WAS STUPID!" or "AOSTH was dumb, its plots were stupid!"

Yes, I'm 15 years old and I still love this so so much :oops:

So...anyone else here like this show?

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2006, 8:54 pm

Yes, I used to wake up early to watch it years ago when it was still showing on tv here. Back in the mid 90s I think.

I agree it was silly that they dumped tails in SatAM and Sonic Underground.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2006, 9:55 pm

I don't remember it well enough to know if it was good or not. :?

Tails
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2006, 9:58 pm

Best show in the world EVER! For all the reasons Leon stated :)

I liked SatAM for its characters and setting and poignancy, but nothing will EVER top AoStH for sheer awesomeness in my heart. I really love how Sonic and Tails were characterised. Sonic was just... awesome. So cool and laid back and with that trademark ego... but also he showed emotion, got scared, and always showed how much he cared about Tails :)
I also love how Tails was treated here. MUCH more true to the games than SatAM. What bugged me about SatAM was that Tails was relegated to 'little kid' status and made to stay behind in the village and never got to DO anything. Whereas in the games, he's Sonic's sidekick and he's right there, fighting alongside him and flying his plane! AoStH stayed much more true to this. Even though Tails is only 4 years old in it (he's 10 in SatAM), they showed his budding genius abilities, and his awesome piloting skills, and he fights alongside Sonic, just like in the games! Sure, he's young and a little naive, but Sonic has faith in him and they make the most awesome team ever!

I love Sonic and I love Tails and I LOVE their dynamic in that show :) Call me old-school, but it's true! The modern-day Sonic X anime may look cool with its shiny art, but it'll never touch on the awesomeness that was the original Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon :P

Roybertito
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jan 2006, 12:40 am

Actually, I preferred SatAM because of its depth over the simplicity of AoStH. AoStH was more like the video game, with its innocent nature, sure, but SatAM was one of those cartoons that you were sucked into because of its grittiness and its depth. The backgrounds on that show were killer, and the action scenes were awesome.

Eh. SatAM ended WAY too soon, and it's all because of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers getting better ratings, literally. AoStH was good, and they were showing it on Toon Disney last year in the afternoons which was rather cool, but then it disappeared to hang out in TV oblivion with its older brother.

Personally, the best Sonic-related transfer from games to animation has to be Sonic the Movie. Sure, the English voices sucked, but at least Yuji Naka had a hand in making that movie, and it was great. It's story and animation was comparable to that of Sonic CD, the greatest Sonic game of all time... besides Sonic Rush, which is actually so good, it's better than Sonic CD. If you haven't played it yet, either buy it or borrow a friend's DS and play it or whatever, it's just really good. I rented it from the internet, and I would buy it, but I'm saving my DS game money for Electroplankton!

"As you can tell... I'm a Sonic freak. Actually, former Sonic freak, but I still know my Hedgehog History Facts. Also, I just beat Sonic 3 last week -- I finally got past the glitch in level 4-2 where Knuckles kept putting me in a locked up loop with neverending darkness."

PlatypusMan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jan 2006, 3:24 am

I LOVED both SATM and Adventures. They were both magnificently done, and each had their own charms. Adventures was just a fun show to watch (and I liked how they described the different powers of the Chaos Emeralds in the show). SATM had the awesome storyline.

I wonder if we can get a petition going if we could bring those shows back (uber-wishful thinking).

Tails
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jan 2006, 5:56 am

Roybertito wrote:
Personally, the best Sonic-related transfer from games to animation has to be Sonic the Movie. Sure, the English voices sucked, but at least Yuji Naka had a hand in making that movie, and it was great. It's story and animation was comparable to that of Sonic CD, the greatest Sonic game of all time... besides Sonic Rush, which is actually so good, it's better than Sonic CD. If you haven't played it yet, either buy it or borrow a friend's DS and play it or whatever, it's just really good. I rented it from the

Yes, I agree, the OVA (movie) was great! The dub voices were a little... strange (Tails sounded really nasally, and Sonic's accent was just... weird. Really hard to place), but the story and characterisations were great. Again, Tails had a nice big role in the movie. Always a plus in my view. It was just an awesome movie anyway, although Sera bugged me :P

Sonic Rush... I won't say too much here since it's the wrong forum, but it's possibly the BEST Sonic game EVER MADE. I love that game to death. I still possibly love Sonic 3 more, for sentimental reasons, but Rush is just AMAZING. It's everything a Sonic game should be, and more. And the soundtrack is amazing :)

Quote:
Eh. SatAM ended WAY too soon

This is sadly true :( According to one of the writers, next season was gonna be awesome, too. Sonic and Sally were set to break up, and Sally gets involved with someone new. Plus Knuckles was going to show up (I bet he and Sally would end up together :P). Also, Tails was gonna have a bigger part to play. Drat, I wish they'd gone ahead and made this season!

PlatypusMan wrote:
I wonder if we can get a petition going if we could bring those shows back (uber-wishful thinking).

In the UK, AoStH is still shown every day at 5pm on the kids' channel "POP!". They also have SatAM marathons every once in a while. America (and most of the rest of the world) doesn't seem to be so lucky.

Last edited by Tails on 20 Jan 2006, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thatrsdude
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2006, 8:47 am

I haven't seen any newer versions, but I liked the original version of Sonic when I was a kid. I thought it was hilarious!

LeonSKennedy827
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jan 2006, 5:18 pm

Yeah, that SatAM season sounded awsome ;____;

pad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2006, 5:38 pm

Yeah I watched it when I was young and enjoyed it back then. :wink:

LeonSKennedy827
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jan 2006, 11:51 am

Do you ever download eps and watch them now, pad?

buffetoflies
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jan 2006, 2:00 pm

I always watched that show. I just got done playing sonic on sega just now actaully. The first time in years. :lol:

Paguk
Raven
Raven

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

06 Feb 2006, 1:12 pm

I remember starting off my Saturday mornings with the Marvel shows (Iron Man, Fantastic Four) and then sitting back and watching SatAm before moving to X-Men.
I also read the comics for a good while, up until about 2000.

bgtbbum
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Feb 2006, 8:49 pm

I'll admit, I'm a Sonic fan (see avatar) but has yet to see a SatAM episode, but has seen a bunch of AoStH episodes. Then again, I havent seen the show since I was 6.

If you ask me, I always liked watching that show evey afternoon. It was always quirky and fun. Of course, I enjoyed the YTMND fad (Sonic Gives Advice).

Eric_C
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jul 2006, 1:40 pm

My Best Friend Cory is a HUGE FAN of Sonic. He's getting Sonic X on DVD. I think he told me that he's getting vol. 11 very soon. ;)

_Eric

Acidforblood
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Jul 2006, 11:15 pm

I remember that show!! !! 8O I used to get out VHS tapes everyday to tape as much episodes as possible when I was little. That was probably one of my top 3 cartoons I enjoyed watching, cus the humor they had in it, with good stories kept me watching. I even got into chilidogs after that lol. Sonic has always been one of my all time favorite videogame characters, and was very sad to see the Dreamcast go the way it did. I know they still make Sonic games, but it just doesn't feel the same. The last Sonic game I bought was Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast. I want to play some of the new ones, but I think I'll wait for the PS3 to come out before I buy a new one. Again..the show was so amazing that if a re-run was on that I saw 3 times I'd still watch it. :D