Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

wandrew
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jan 2006, 8:18 pm

I just got word that yet another problem has developed with the settling of my father's estate. The Third Accounting is being held up because the executor needs back tax information from my brother, who was the executor. Since I seem to be the only person who can reach him, it's my job to call him.

I don't want to talk to him. I also don't want to have to call his wife's grandmother and ask to speak to him yet again. I'm more angry at him than I 've ever been. And part of that anger is guilt at not having forced him to confront his alcoholism and also for not having him removed as executor 18 months before I actually did.

On the other hand, interventions don't always work--they can be counterproductive. I am a big believer in the idea that a person has to want help--even if it takes hitting bottom--before they can be helped. And if he couldn't handle the responsibility of being executor, he could have asked for more help from the lawyer who was helping him or he could have simply turned the whole thing over to him. And he could have asked me for more help. But he didn't.

So--I need to talk to him, don't want to talk to him, wish the whole damn thing was over.

"Other than that, how'd you like the play, Mrs. Lincoln?"

Edit: I would like to add that I would prefer not to get legal advice--I've had a whole slew of that. On the other hand, hugs, smiles, hearts and magic pixie dust will be gratefully accepted.

Ladysmokeater
Veteran
Veteran

Location: North of Atlanta, South of Boston, East of the Mississippi, and West of the Atlantic

19 Jan 2006, 8:23 pm

<<hugs>> I hope things work out for ya!

wandrew
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jan 2006, 8:37 pm

Thank you. Peace and blessings be with you, milady. :)

Last edited by wandrew on 19 Jan 2006, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wandrew
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jan 2006, 8:38 pm

Thank you. Peace and blessings be with you, milady. :)