Do you consider the USA a threat to the World?

Page 1 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Do you consider the USA a threat to the World?
Yes 58%  58%  [ 32 ]
No 42%  42%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 55

RageBeoulve
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jul 2009, 10:52 pm

Do you consider the USA a threat to the World? Maybe Barack Obama will help others laugh at the USA even more...

This is a Yes or No poll. This is a copy of the other persons poll asking if y'all think Islam is a threat to the world or not. Well, that guy/girl who made that poll is from the Netherlands, figures :roll:

OrderAndChaos30
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2009, 11:21 pm

Nukes + Christin Extremists + Revelation death wish = YES! Very YES!

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 12:42 am

Do you mean "The World" like the rest of humanity? Or the physical, natural world?

If you're talking about US being a threat to humanity, no, for the most part I do not. The US will occupy quite a different role in the global order than it does now within probably 30 years, 50 at most.

If you're talking about the physical world, yes I do believe we are a threat. So are many, if not most, other nations to a degree, but the US is a major threat in that sense.

RageBeoulve
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jul 2009, 12:51 am

amazon_television wrote:
Do you mean "The World" like the rest of humanity? Or the physical, natural world?

If you're talking about US being a threat to humanity, no, for the most part I do not. The US will occupy quite a different role in the global order than it does now within probably 30 years, 50 at most.

If you're talking about the physical world, yes I do believe we are a threat. So are many, if not most, other nations to a degree, but the US is a major threat in that sense.

That's for you to interpret on your own with what I meant by "The World"

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 4:08 am

Most countries are a threat. The US isn't different but most people I know here are world concious, I don't hear anything crazy unless I turn on the radio and listen to rush or see pat buchanan on tv. I think their mass fearmongering sells and makes a fool out of people who just don't know any better, but I don't encounter these people, I don't meet people who tell me that they need to start nuking iran, I just see them on a yahoo comment. I have the feeling that people hide these opinions when they're around me because I wouldn't agree with them (I look intimidating to some people).

I think the US has learned a lot of lessons about foreign policy and contol over the years, the US is best mantra is fading and I don't mind it one bit. The US is supposed to be a home, not a world wide enforcer of it's own doctrine. I hope this is the case anyway. There are some extreme opinions out there and I can only do so much to balance them out.

Meta
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jul 2009, 4:14 am

Yes

Every government is a threat to the world (interpreted as "humanity" or "world peace")

Michjo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 4:17 am

America's foreign policy is hugely detremental to the world and completely negates the billions they give out to poorer countries. To be honest though, i do not believe any other country would be any different if they had the power the states had.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 4:17 am

MDD123 wrote:
Most countries are a threat. The US isn't different but most people I know here are world concious, I don't hear anything crazy unless I turn on the radio and listen to rush or see pat buchanan on tv. I think their mass fearmongering sells and makes a fool out of people who just don't know any better, but I don't encounter these people, I don't meet people who tell me that they need to start nuking iran, I just see them on a yahoo comment. I have the feeling that people hide these opinions when they're around me because I wouldn't agree with them (I look intimidating to some people).

I think the US has learned a lot of lessons about foreign policy and contol over the years, the US is best mantra is fading and I don't mind it one bit. The US is supposed to be a home, not a world wide enforcer of it's own doctrine. I hope this is the case anyway. There are some extreme opinions out there and I can only do so much to balance them out.

I appreciate your sense of balance but Vietnam has taught the USA nothing significant to prevent it from indulging in the quagmire of the Middle East on no logical basis whatsoever and it seems that the overwhelming threat of a dangerous environmental change is barely acknowledged by people in control and whatever efforts are being made to counter it are insignificant. That people are still putting any faith in the totally incompetent Alaskan governor is a sign that idiots are still quite dangerous in the USA.

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 4:24 am

I guess Iran is next on the line of invasions... *sigh*

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 4:31 am

Henriksson wrote:

Don't worry, we'll probably go into complete bankruptcy before we can touch them.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 7:10 am

Only in the hands of the wrong leaders. As a nation, we are not a threat to anyone. Leave us alone and we are inclined to leave you alone.

This is why who is put into power is something Americans need to pay close attention to.

alba
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 5:33 pm

Under the previous president, absolutely. Under Obama, no. And Obama will not invade Iran.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 6:04 pm

Rage what are you doing hear?

We in the USA are just cuddly bunnies we'd never hurt anyone :)

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 7:52 pm

alba wrote:
Under the previous president, absolutely. Under Obama, no. And Obama will not invade Iran.

The fix is in. The Israelis will attack Iran.

ruveyn

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 7:58 pm

^ Most likely scenario =.= And the worst will be that Washington probably won't say anything. -sigh-

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 8:16 pm

Henriksson wrote:

Not if the Iranians make their own revolution like they done in 1978/1979, and likely to do again soon.

With Barrack Obama in power USA is not a treat to the world right now. We rarelly seen such a good diplomat. As for the next elections, the republicans are too busy to paint themself in their own corner for winning. (Like when they say that McCain lost for not being "conservative" enough. :roll: )