Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

unreal3x
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jul 2009, 4:20 am

I can't sleep tonight.

I was just thinking about how life cannot exist with out time, then I realized the absence of time can actually create life to different perceptions.

If you take a circle and spin it quickly, you see a transparent sphere, or not quite a sphere, but then I realized if you spin it in every direction at the same time or in 0 time (meaning the same point would exist in different places), then you have created a perfect hard physical sphere in the 3rd dimension.
I guess I thought of another way of showing spacetime and how they are dependent on each other.

This sphere or ball can be thrown around in our world, but the ball's existence really is a trapped 2d world with no time, but at the same time it is not. Does time not effect the second dimension, or is it all the same one effecting the other but seems different from different perceptions?

so the equation to the existence of a sphere relative to other dimensions and time which is all the same any ways is...
=============================
Sphere @ realtime = circle @ 0 time x its self
=============================
you can keep going too
or maybe I am all wrong and need to go to bed and stop thinking so much.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2009, 11:27 am

unreal3x wrote:

If you take a circle and spin it quickly, you see a transparent sphere, or not quite a sphere, but then I realized if you spin it in every direction at the same time or in 0 time (meaning the same point would exist in different places), then you have created a perfect hard physical sphere in the 3rd dimension.

Impossible to do with any material disc or circular ring.

ruveyn

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2009, 7:51 pm

Er suppi NO mouve! - Galileo...;)

I think this is what they call a 'mental experiment'. I don't know how you would spin anything (an action which would require time, as far as I can see. How would you have change if there weren't at least 2 states separated by time?)

But I never took physics. This answer is what is referred to as 'pulling something out of your #@$...;)

unreal3x
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jul 2009, 11:58 pm

If there is only one state or frame, and something moves from point a to point c, you would see points a b and c (and everything in between) all at the same time. If you know you have one point, but you see one point in the three places (and everything between(makes a line)) then it moved but in only one state or frame or 0 time.

If you all of a sudden had time or the next state, the object would most likely be destroyed from too much acceleration, infact this would be the absolute fastest acceleration possible, well in concept. Unless you have it move in less than one state or frame, but then you would be messing with existence its self.

unreal3x
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jul 2009, 12:01 am

In 0 time, if something moves you see everything at one time, it leaves a trail, a trail that happens all at once.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2009, 5:55 am

unreal3x wrote:
In 0 time, if something moves you see everything at one time, it leaves a trail, a trail that happens all at once.

Use cartesian products. Sphere is the cartesian product of two circles sharing a diameter and orthogonal to each other.

ruveyn