Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 6:27 am

Danielismyname wrote:
Death is far less painful than trying to rectify society if you must change your ASD. One can withdraw from society, like most with an ASD do, but you'll still be judged negatively for something you have no say over (see: ASD).

how do you get a better life among NT's while dead?

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 6:34 am

ZEGH8578 wrote:
Danielismyname wrote:
Death is far less painful than trying to rectify society if you must change your ASD. One can withdraw from society, like most with an ASD do, but you'll still be judged negatively for something you have no say over (see: ASD).

Haunt them!! !! ! :P

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 6:45 am

MONKEY wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:
Danielismyname wrote:

Haunt them!! !! ! :P

what would be fun, if it wasnt for the whole dead-forever part.

people have this annoying misconception about death, where they imagine death being a package of plenty of living-thing-goodies, such as rest, sleep, nap, cookies, milk, revenge, "ill show them!" etc etc etc

has dobody ever told these people that death is actually, uhm, the end of organism, and that organism is vital (pun) in order to actually... experience... the above?

people NEED to understand that death IS pretty final. ghosts ARE invented human ideas, and nobody will REALLY be a ghost.

im sure that 90% of everyone who offed themselves wished for a restful place "afterwards", and none of them realized that "afterwards" ends along w life, so... got cheated from the "resting" as well.

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 7:40 am

Danielismyname wrote:
Death works.

That's such an amazingly negative thing to say to a teenager who is only trying to explore his Aspyness that I am utterly gob-smacked! 8O

Shame on you!

Danielismyname wrote:
Death is far less painful than trying to rectify society

Every soldier that has ever died in a war was trying to rectify society
Every person that was tortured to death before they revealed secrets was trying to rectify society
Every woman that gave birth
Every parent that gave up their own dreams to put their child through school

The whole history of the human race is a blood-stained epic of sacrifice and commitment
to make things better for the next generation!

Danielismyname wrote:
Death is far less painful than trying to rectify society

Tell that to Martin Luther King

Tell that to Gandi

Tell that to Rosa Parks

Tell that to an Aboriginal Australian

Tell that to a Jewish holocaust survivor

Tell that to a rape victim

I know society is harsh and full of faults
but Most people act for the common good!
We just have a million years of blood-thirsty prehistoric ignorance hindering us!

Do you really want to promote the "I give up" creed,
when all your brothers and sisters are up in arms?

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 7:50 am

syzygyish wrote:
Shame on you!

Save the self-righteousness for someone who actually cares about society and humanity. I don't. The OP asked for a cure, and there's no cure but death for an ASD as it's far too ingrained in someone's behaviour, behaviour that's social, and since we're a member of a social species..., the OP will always run into the problems he or she speaks of no matter where he or she goes. The lone nail will get hammered down, and we who are outliers of social and emotional behaviour stick out like that lone nail.

It's either put up with it, or get it over with.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 8:41 am

Freakifying, death-defying topic

Autism is forever. And a day. :wink:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 9:37 am

Danielismyname wrote:
syzygyish wrote:
Shame on you!

Save the self-righteousness for someone who actually cares about society and humanity. I don't. The OP asked for a cure, and there's no cure but death for an ASD as it's far too ingrained in someone's behaviour, behaviour that's social, and since we're a member of a social species..., the OP will always run into the problems he or she speaks of no matter where he or she goes. The lone nail will get hammered down, and we who are outliers of social and emotional behaviour stick out like that lone nail.

It's either put up with it, or get it over with.

so
you go around suggesting death to everyone w a problem without a solution?

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 10:04 am

I will not AT ALL give you any advice how to kill yourself, diong so has no purpose, it is futile, and who knows what the road ahead has in store for you? :) :D

visnofskygirl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 10:11 am

Danielismyname wrote:
Death works.

Agree..It will eliminate everything :P

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 10:37 am

No matter how you change, you will always be you. I have worked very hard at not blurting out things I think are humorous. But in the right company, with some of the younger lads at work alone, I still let loose ! ! As someone said, you can re-arrange your stims, but you'll still have some nervous habit.

OddFinn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 11:56 am

bdhkhsfgk wrote:
I will not AT ALL give you any advice how to kill yourself, diong so has no purpose, it is futile, and who knows what the road ahead has in store for you? :) :D

Suicide is not an option. Instead, it is giving up all options.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 12:04 pm

It's the stimming, right? Well, you could always ask them what they find annoying about the stim you are doing, and change it based on that. If the problem is the mere fact that you're stimming... well, I'm sorry. There is no cure for those sorts of people.

Kimmy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jul 2009, 8:09 pm

WILL YOU GUYS SHUT-UP ABOUT THE DEATH COMMENTS?
I'm serious here! I keep getting into horrable fights with my family because of something that is bothering me! And I'm tired of that! What theripies/treatments have you guys heard of that will desensitize me?

MADDuck
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2009, 8:11 pm

I have no idea.

I just relayed my personal experience.

Try coping and faking it.

Kimmy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jul 2009, 8:12 pm

I know I may loose some of the advantages of being autistic, but I'd rather just not stress out my family.

And I'm tired of taking medication to make me Normal.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2009, 9:18 pm

I don't think you need to change the autism to cope with some of the problems that you're having.

Like, you know how people will say "he can't talk because he's autistic", and when whoever it is learns to talk, he's still autistic, just an autistic person who can talk? What changed wasn't the autism; it was the autistic person learning something he needed to learn. Maybe you're like that--maybe you can learn something that will help your home life to be better. For that matter, maybe your family needs to learn something too.

So what causes the fights, exactly? What's usually happening when they occur? Can that be changed, re-directed, maybe?

It's not all-or-nothing; you don't have to become neurotypical to solve your problems (and anyway, NTs have problems too... I know one NT going through a nasty divorce, for example...). It's kind of a fallacy--if you have a diagnosis, people will blame all your problems on it. Heck, if you're just fat, people will blame all your problems on that--200 pound me should know! But there's no real cause and effect. If you were neurotypical, you might be annoying your family because you wanted to go out and party with your friends all hours of the night...

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com