Post a random truth (about yourself)

Page 1108 of 1198 [ 19161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1105, 1106, 1107, 1108, 1109, 1110, 1111 ... 1198  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 5:50 pm

I still have high hopes that one day that I will successfully stop eating meat so I can become a vegetarian.

Donald Morton
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jun 2020, 5:55 pm

I enjoyed watching Legally Blonde 2!

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 3:01 pm

I have freckles on my eyelids and my lips (as well as the more usual places like cheeks and arms).

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 4:28 pm

I've never gotten very good at any instrument because I only need to be good enough to play my own music. It's hard to commit to becoming more practised than that.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Chain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jul 2020, 4:34 pm

My brain is like a TV that has many channels that are constantly being changed by a bored person on the couch. It switches so fast that I get the full plot of what is playing on those channels.

A = acceptance ~ baseline, normal
T = trust ~ possible schizotypal disorder
R = respect ~ NPD
C = cerebral (adrenaline averse), S = somatic (adrenaline seeking)

I am ECUC/S (cusp cerebral/somatic)

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 9:17 pm

I much prefer vanilla ice cream with Ovaltine (a malted chocolate milk powder) on it over regular chocolate ice cream.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 3:15 pm

I don't understand the concept of loneliness because I am a loner.

LunaticCentruroides
Toucan
Toucan

04 Jul 2020, 6:34 pm

no random secret thread?

Oh well..

Truth: My eyes are "as blue as the ocean". Apparently.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 8:56 pm

When I was a kid, at some point (probably during fifth grade, because I think it was my fifth-grade teacher who said I had “chameleon eyes” that changed color) my eyes changed from green to a slightly grayish blue. I remember one time looking in the mirror and noting how bright green my eyes were, but we have a picture of me with bright blue eyes when I was only a little older. Since I can’t remember my eyes ever being green since I was a kid, I’m guessing that either it was a one-time change or it took my eyes a while to decide on a color and eventually decided to stick with the gray-blue.

I also happen to be able to move my eyes in two different directions like a chameleon, although my brain has trouble interpreting both images at once. What at least got me started in training my eyes to do this is that I have congenital Brown’s syndrome, which essentially means that I can’t look up with one eye but the other eye will go all the way up anyway (mostly it’s just a cool thing to freak people out with, it doesn’t interfere with my vision much at all unless I deliberately do that), and eventually I learned that I could just kind of park my unaffected eye up so far it can’t really see and then move my other eye wherever I want to while the one stays put.

Another fun fact about me is that congenital Brown’s syndrome more commonly affects the right eye, but my affected eye is the left.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 9:00 pm

My great-grandfather was born in 1838.

LunaticCentruroides
Toucan
Toucan

04 Jul 2020, 9:41 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
When I was a kid, at some point (probably during fifth grade, because I think it was my fifth-grade teacher who said I had “chameleon eyes” that changed color) my eyes changed from green to a slightly grayish blue. I remember one time looking in the mirror and noting how bright green my eyes were, but we have a picture of me with bright blue eyes when I was only a little older. Since I can’t remember my eyes ever being green since I was a kid, I’m guessing that either it was a one-time change or it took my eyes a while to decide on a color and eventually decided to stick with the gray-blue.

I also happen to be able to move my eyes in two different directions like a chameleon, although my brain has trouble interpreting both images at once. What at least got me started in training my eyes to do this is that I have congenital Brown’s syndrome, which essentially means that I can’t look up with one eye but the other eye will go all the way up anyway (mostly it’s just a cool thing to freak people out with, it doesn’t interfere with my vision much at all unless I deliberately do that), and eventually I learned that I could just kind of park my unaffected eye up so far it can’t really see and then move my other eye wherever I want to while the one stays put.

Another fun fact about me is that congenital Brown’s syndrome more commonly affects the right eye, but my affected eye is the left.

Sounds very special :mrgreen:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2020, 7:20 pm

I am allergic to cinnamon and vanilla.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 11:12 am

In another life, I would've posted something like this:

This is a Movie Review
A Fellow Autistic's blog that contains some inappropriate language
Yeah, well, an international Pageant participant

SPOILER ALERT: It doesn't accommodate US and EU terms -- issues, political agendas and the like. :nerdy:
Some may not even translatable to English...

Why not post these on a regular, even if it's pro-ND? :lol:
This is a foreigners' take, from foreigners' data, through the foreigners' core values and priorities.
These things don't reach the agendas of the West.

My intention stands:
I came here to learn terms, not spread terms. :twisted: And kill time.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2020, 2:12 pm

When I had the anesthesia for getting my wisdom teeth out, which is famous for making people act funny, I was boring - I just kept asking what time it was because I couldn’t focus my eyes on my watch.

When I have to get a throat swab to check for strep, my reflex is not to gag. Instead, I literally have to sit on my hands to keep from trying to pull it out. It’s just as much a reflex as gagging, my hands will just automatically go up and try to pull the swab out.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2020, 3:46 pm

The age difference between myself and my favourite female singer and the age difference between myself and my least favourite female singer is the same amount of years but they weren't born in the same year.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 3:05 pm

I have problems with writing longer posts in the Internet last times. Maybe it is a symptom associated with poor executive functioning?

I still have never driven a car. I don't like coronavirus pandemic. In my locality there is much lower number of buses than a year ago due to restrictions associated with SARS-CoV-2. I have no job since above 18 months.

I worked with different fruits (like strawberries, currants, cherries) quite a lot last weeks. I like things associated with them such as picking. It can give me enjoyment and reduces the amount of time spent on handwriting and surfing in the Internet or watching TV.