Post a random truth (about yourself)

Page 1118 of 1198 [ 19161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1115, 1116, 1117, 1118, 1119, 1120, 1121 ... 1198  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 5:40 pm

The majority of the skin on my feet are brown.

(I will post a few pics soon.)

Whale_Tuune
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 6:39 pm

I am a 4 wing 6 enneagram type and an INFP.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 10:00 pm

MBTI is on the seemingly endless list of things where there is no place for me. Or maybe there are multiple places. In any case, I've taken various tests online and am always extremely I and very J, but I can come out as either N or S and T or F depending on my mood. So I guess I'm INTJ/INFJ/ISTJ/ISFJ. Or just unplaceable.

I have at least one self-harm scar on my foot (yes, really, one time I looked at a vein on the top of my foot and thought I'd get a good bleed from it).

My feet are pretty much never free of wounds nowadays, because our cat loves going after my feet as I walk through the kitchen.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 10:58 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
MBTI is on the seemingly endless list of things where there is no place for me. Or maybe there are multiple places. In any case, I've taken various tests online and am always extremely I and very J, but I can come out as either N or S and T or F depending on my mood. So I guess I'm INTJ/INFJ/ISTJ/ISFJ. Or just unplaceable.

I'm IXXX-X for most part :lol: With X swings between 40-60 to 60-40.
Only most likely consistent is higher odds of I over 50. E can exceed 50 but less likely.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 9:59 am

The dirtiest trick ever played on me was played by my own mother when she named me. I changed it in 1981.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 10:42 am

I have successfully failed at everything I've ever tried to do.

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 7:05 pm

I love buying paper books so much but I also love my Kindle because I am completely out of space to keep my books and the Kindle solves that problem of course :D

My Tumblr

greenmm37
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Aug 2020, 7:19 pm

AriaEclipse wrote:
I love buying paper books so much but I also love my Kindle because I am completely out of space to keep my books and the Kindle solves that problem of course :D

I love to have physical copies of books as well, but similar to you, I have an ereader (a Kobo) and it makes it handy to borrow digital books from the library, plus it's lightweight and makes it easy to read in bed.

Random truth about me: I really love voice acting and love to find excellent examples of voice acting (i.e. Mark Hamill as the Joker) - I'm fascinated by VA-ing as an art and am disappointed in the uptick of animated movies trying to sell based on having big-name celebrities as VA's rather than professional VA's (although some celebs/actors can still be good VA's).

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 10:00 pm

MamaFrankie5259 wrote:
The dirtiest trick ever played on me was played by my own mother when she named me. I changed it in 1981.

What did she name you?

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 10:16 pm

As much as i have enjoyed my switch to e-reading over the past sixth months it's just as fun to browse the shelves of the thrift store to find new things. libraries are good to but not sure where a library by the new house.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2020, 6:21 am

I think that some people with NVLD may be more "neurodiverse" than some people with clinical ASD.

I would prefer talking about "psychodiversity" rather than "neurodiversity" because (at least I suppose) that some people who are "obviously odd" since childhood may be quite normal neurologically.

I have no cat in my home. Also no dog. For me it is easier to find very cute cat than to find very cute dog.

For me adult cats appear to see generally cuter than kittens, kittens can look "too slim", "emaciated" for me.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2020, 9:24 am

I love thunderstorms.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2020, 12:59 pm

I have my annual usually by the end of every year, so I will schedule mine this Monday.

Carpeta
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2020, 1:06 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

I'm IXXX-X for most part :lol: With X swings between 40-60 to 60-40.
Only most likely consistent is higher odds of I over 50. E can exceed 50 but less likely.

I am the same as Edna. My only fairly consistent result is the I.

RAADS-R: 122.0

Not a doctor.

Carpeta
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2020, 1:10 pm

The reason I use averages in my signature is because I have gotten rather different results at different times.

The reason I put test results in my signature in the first place is (a) because I don't want to mislead anyone, as I may be NT and (b) in hopes it might somehow lead to more information for my self-diagnosis process.

RAADS-R: 122.0

Not a doctor.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2020, 3:01 pm

I live in a world where certain households had at least one volunteering caregiver...
One to stay home, take care of the elderly, the very young and disabled.

I volunteer. At least when the time comes or as demands.

nca14 wrote:
I would prefer talking about "psychodiversity" rather than "neurodiversity" because (at least I suppose) that some people who are "obviously odd" since childhood may be quite normal neurologically.

I like this idea.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.