Post a random truth (about yourself)

Page 1103 of 1198 [ 19161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1100, 1101, 1102, 1103, 1104, 1105, 1106 ... 1198  Next

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2020, 3:02 pm

Funeralxempire, that gave me a laugh.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 2:44 am

I had a crush on Frenchy when I was little.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 3:10 pm

This was the number one song on the billboard when I was born.

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 3:26 pm

blackicmenace wrote:

She was always my favorite character in Grease! I think I dyed my hair pink as an adult because I was influenced by her. :heart:

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 3:36 pm

martianprincess wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

She was always my favorite character in Grease! I think I dyed my hair pink as an adult because I was influenced by her. :heart:

And here I thought Pinky was the inspiration. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 3:44 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
martianprincess wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

NARF

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 3:45 pm

martianprincess wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
martianprincess wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

NARF

The other one, Sara Mirabelli. :oops: :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 3:51 pm

martianprincess wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:

I had a crush on Sandy and Marty too. :D I spent a lot of time watching the movie and listening to the album over and over. I also had a thing for Kristy McNichol in The Pirate Movie.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 3:55 pm

MamaFrankie5259 wrote:
I pronounce the 'h' in words like 'white' and 'when'.

A buddy of mine used to actually pronounce the word "women" the way it's spelled.

I would do a double take when he would say "woe - men" when I expected him to say "wimmen" (the way most folks say it) because it wasn't obvious whether he was saying the singular, or the plural, version of "woman" (the way it WOULD be obvious if it had said the way most folks say it).

One cab driver in NYC who was interviewed as a witness to something on the TV news also said the word "women" the way my buddy says it. The two of them are probably the ONLY two individuals in the entire English speaking world who actually say the word the way it's spelled. Never heard anyone from the USA, Canada, the British Isles, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, the Caribbean, nor even anyone from a non English speaking country who spoke English as a second language say the word that way!

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 4:24 pm

At my current age posting this message I have roughly slept 14 years of my total life span thus far.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 4:39 pm

I’m very vain and obsessed with putting on makeup and wearing put together outfits.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 5:28 pm

I have a lump at the base of my neck on the right side that my doctor said is a cluster of swollen lymph nodes. I had several tests to make sure it wasn’t lymphoma or anything, and it appears to just be something my body did just because it could. It turned up I think at least two years ago and has stayed the same ever since.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 1:52 am

It seems I have two main speaking patterns:

One that concentrates in words and meaning, primarily 'patterns' English, and non-social contexts.
It's where I'd get English pronunciations right, able to control my speech patterns and accents with.
With enough practice, I might able to voice act with this.
Whenever I'm using this 'mode' of language, the tension is at the back of my head.

The other one focuses on speaking, and is dominated by my native language and thinking -- which happened to be socially favored.
With this, I'd end up speaking accented English and able to speak in native on semi-auto.
The accent mixed in English is... No different from those who speaks the same native language as I do. But still out of place from where I grew up, with poor voice modulation and even poorer repetition of words -- not recommended for singing.
Whenever this mode of language 'happens', the tension is somewhere at the front of my head.

I wonder if it's the same with others, or if they can notice it and able to tell the difference...

But from what I can notice was that people's speech don't always reflect their singing.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 8:41 am

I strongly believe in labels.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 6:46 pm

I have a sporadic muscle tic in my right leg.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 7:04 pm

When I go to bed, I have to find just the right position for my feet (and it isn’t the same position every night), or either I stim with my feet and the motion keeps me up, or it takes enough mental effort to not stim that I can’t sleep.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"