Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2006, 4:16 pm

I should get a track ball, but for some reason, I don't like them as much as an ordinary mouse. Anyway, when I use a mouse, I don't have it on the table. I don't have the room for it. I hold it in my right hand and use my middle finger to work the ball the move the cursor on the screen, and my thumb to work the buttons.

chamoisee
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2006, 5:07 pm

I use Opera for a browser, so with me it's mouse gestures. If I have to use IE for some reason (on another computer) I get very frustrated!!

jman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2006, 8:05 pm

uggghh I hate trackballs. They're so uncomofortable.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2006, 1:19 am

Notebook w/ Trackpad here. I used to have an optical mouse as a backup, but it got banged around in transit, and messed up, so I don't have it any more. --The trackpad is set up so when I tap the pad, it left clicks, so it's very intuitive.

buffetoflies
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jan 2006, 2:23 pm

I just tried the holding it thing, and it was difficult to get the pointer over links.
I just use a regular mouse with a mouse pad though.

V111
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jan 2006, 4:42 am

The type mouse I use has no trackball it is optical. It has extra buttons on the sides that are set up for going backpage/foward and the scroll to open link in a new tab yes I am using Mozilla.

OmbooHankvald
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jan 2006, 6:40 am

I use the red dot in the middle of my keyboard on my ThinkPad laptop...

Switchfoot
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Jan 2006, 10:37 am

I've got a Razer Diamondback 1600 or something like that. It's got 7 buttons and is highly sensitive, so great for gaming.

When I use it normally, I 'm resting my elbow on my chair's armrest, keeping pretty much my whole arm entirely still except for my hand/wrist, and even then there's very little movement.

TheOrangeMage
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jan 2006, 6:38 pm

Nyko AirFlo Optical for this PC (Yes, I realize it was made for PS2)

The red dot on my Thinkpad for laptop.

rearden
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Jan 2006, 5:12 am

I'm usually not too picky with mice--as long as it moves smoothly without tracking incorrectly or jumping around and it has a scroll wheel, I'm happy.

Then one time I was using a friend's computer, and something seemed different. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, it just seemed like using the mouse and precisely navigating around the screen was abnormally quick and intuitive.

I ended up getting the same mouse for myself. It's a Logitech MX518 "gaming grade" mouse. I love the thing. It is MUCH nicer than my previous mouse, which was a lower-end Logitech optical. I always thought all the talk of ultra high-resolution and everything was just marketing hype. But there really is a tremendous difference. Even just normal Windows stuff is much nicer. And for gaming, editing individual pixels in Photoshop, etc., it's amazing.

Benjammin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Feb 2006, 7:59 pm

I'd recommend just about any optical mouse. No moving parts to gunk up or fall apart and I use my thigh for my mousepad hahahahahah.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2006, 10:06 pm

I use the touchpad on my Dell laptop. Have gotten ambidextrous with it. Can't remember the last time I used a mouse.

Hey, do people really use mousepads anymore???

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2006, 7:37 am

I love scroll wheels, I can't live without them! I use both the laptop mousepad thing and I have a wireless optical mouse as well so it just depends on whichever is closest/easier to use. I do prefer the mouse if I'm doing alot of stuff because of the scroll wheel and the open new tab in firefox thing. If I'm sitting down with my laptop on my lap then I don't bother with a mouse, and likewise if I go somewhere with my laptop.

aylissa wrote:
Hey, do people really use mousepads anymore???
I don't see anyone use one anymore at all! I find them harder to use because the mouse gets caught in the little crevaces and such (or maybe we have bad mouse pads).

edgey123
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2006, 8:54 am

I use a gel mouse mat and a microsoft 3 button optical wireless mouse.

I like my Microsoft mouse because it has over six months battery life with ordinary energizer batteries :)

Astreja
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Mar 2006, 5:05 am

I've got a cheap optical mouse with a PS/2 connector instead of USB, so I can plug it into my switch box without using an adapter. My mousepad has a gel wrist rest, a really good investment if you're on the computer all day and all night.

But I keep on forgetting that there's a scroll wheel on the mouse, and haven't played with it enough to decide if I like it or not.

jefftheweatherman
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Mar 2006, 5:13 am

just a normal usb optical mouse

i agree with jman

trackballs are soo uncomfortable