This guy thinks L4D2 and Call of Juarez 2 is racist?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Jul 2009, 9:45 pm

http://blogs.chron.com/gamehacks/2009/0 ... e_new.html

I don't understand how someone could even begin to see racism in these games. o_o

The former things have passed away."

Phipe
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Jul 2009, 12:18 am

I dont see racism either. I mean, L4D2 is the opposite to Resident Evil 5, so why the whyning? Now you play as a black character protecting yourself from zombies. Are black people perhaps bounded to never appear in a FPS and TPS?!

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2009, 2:31 am

who cares ?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2009, 1:25 pm

Well, technically zombies are still humans, but a lot of people consider them to be different from us, and kill them for no other reason than that.

That's about the textbook definition of "racist", if you ask me :evil:

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2009, 5:54 pm

Yeah, leave those zombies alone. Damn discriminative people...
Zombies are misunderstood, sensitive creatures, and we aren't in control of them. Let them run free I say. NO MORE KILLING ZOMBIES! NO MORE KILLING ZOMBIES! NO MORE KILLING ZOMBIES!

P.S. it sucks that I can't buy Resident Evil 5 since I have a Wii. I might buy the next XBOX console that comes out if Nintendo can't bolster up their system 10 fold.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2009, 2:40 pm

samtoo wrote:
P.S. it sucks that I can't buy Resident Evil 5 since I have a Wii.

It's coming to PC in September.

Michjo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2009, 2:58 pm

kxmode wrote:
I don't understand how someone could even begin to see racism in these games. o_o

Nobody is stupid enough to find such games racist, some people just like playing the racism card. I mean, he didn't claim l4d was racist, because it was mainly white people getting shot did he? No, just l4d2, that has mainly black people. Personally i'd suggest he's racist himself.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2009, 3:01 pm

I personally think he needs to do a bit more research...

The part about L4D2 taking place in NOLA so soon after Katrina, he doesn't realize that logically NOLA makes sense, being such a huge voodoo capital...voodoo = zombies = $$$.

And about how he hated the Civil War game because you play the side that loses...does that mean he never plays games about Vietnam, or about the war in the Middle East?

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2009, 4:08 pm

When one looks for racism every second of their life, they are bound to percieve it everywhere.

Unreal Tournament was called racist. The game calls the player "head hunter" if the player is using a sniper rifle too much. "Hmmm" someone must have thought. The game also calls the player "flak monkey" if they are using a flak cannon too much.

OH OH OH ! !! ! RACISM!! !! ! LOOK!! !

Puhlease give me a break. Just. Shut. Up.

If they've done any research before spouting the race card they would have found out the correct origins of those phrases.