Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

TheGreyBadger
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jan 2006, 11:41 am

I have poor muscle tone, and when it cut into my functioning physically, I went to the University gym and paid for time with a personal trainer. He put me onto the Lifecircuit machines. Wow.

It's just you and the machine. No group, no comparisons, no competition, no self-consciousness or demands to socialize.

No instructor. No skinny fascist in leotards screaming "COME ON! COME ON! YOU CAN DO IT! YOU CAN DO IT! FASTER, FASTER! MORE,MORE, MORE!" Just a neat little readout in 3 modes: digital, analog, and the little beep at the end of each stroke.

A set routine nobody is allowed to break into. You do one set on each machine in strict sequence, so it's not boringly repetitive. Each machine exercises a different muscle group.

You can set the machines for the weight (of the weights, not your weight) you want. One problem with that: if you have hangups about numbers (which I have to a mild degree) you may end up doing more or less than your muscles want because the numbers look so pretty.

At any rate, that's my ideal cure for poor muscle tone. Whoever invented this is a genius.