Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

duke666
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Aug 2009, 1:34 am

I'm a long-time anarcho-syndicalist, like in Monty Pythons Holy Grail.

Anarchist societies have self-organizing systems based on mutual interests, as opposed to hierarchical, control-based systems. Most traditional village structures are anarcho-syndicalist. There is an area of the Basque country in Spain around Arrasate (Mondragon) where they have developed an almost fully independent anarcho-sydicalist economic and 'governance' system. The Spanish government treated the Basques like sh*t because they opposed Franco (think Guernica), and didn't give them government benefits and stuff.

They have a huge network of industrial cooperatives, that are all worker controlled, have their own health system and retirement and schools and everything. If you live there you don't have to belong to the coops, and many people don't. It's your choice, which is kinda the point. When a coop gets too big it splits in two so the feedback loops stay efficient.

The mathematics of it is one of the most spine-tinglingly awesome thing I've ever seen, and the real place has the most intelligent and aware people, on average, of any place I've been.

The world is moving away from Empire based structures to negotiated cooperative structures as we have more trade based units, semi-autonomous states and such. The ethnic purity fragmentation is the biggest threat to the trend. It will take time, but it is happening. It's not some failed experiment some one tried once. It's not, It's not It's not.

Mars will be totally anarcho-syndicalist.

-The Madness of King George