Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Syko
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Aug 2009, 12:59 am

Everyone's least favourite know-it-all Right Winger says "autism is a fraud?"

Republicans make me sick enough as it is, but saying something as dumb and blind as that?

I'm pro-choice, I advocate gay rights, I don't like George Bush, I'm what idiots like Savage call "a liberal."

Though most republicans fail to see that Liberalism is not an insult, if someone advocates Liberalism, that's what they are, it's not an insult.

It's hard not to get offended by someone saying something as idiotic as "autism is a fraud."

He backs this claim up with the theory that parents are using autism as an excuse for "acting like morons" he believes that autism is simply "made up."

I'd like to see him try to live with it, maybe then he would understand how much it isn't a fraud at all.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2009, 4:25 pm

He sends a bad message to the world about autism and autistic disorders in general with his slander. He strikes me as being the sort that, even if he were living with autism, he still wouldn't understand it. By coming away with the remarks he already has, he has clearly demonstrated that open-mindedness isn't exactly a character trait he possesses. Don't give this waste of space the satisfaction of using your headspace to be angry at him.

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2009, 7:44 am

NOw I'm confused. Wasn't it more than a year ago that this happened? By the way, I don't care what some wannabe-comedian who should only be popular because his commentary is so stupid says about autism.

Locustman
Toucan
Toucan

06 Aug 2009, 11:07 am

I'm guessing this isn't the same Jon Savage who wrote "England's Dreaming", then?

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2009, 2:35 am

Although I empathise with your position, I am certain you will do no more than rant here about it.

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2009, 9:08 am

Asmodeus wrote:
Although I empathise with your position, I am certain you will do no more than rant here about it.

To whom do you direct these comments? If they're directed to me, I don't rant about them, either. It doesn't bother me.