Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2009, 4:41 pm

They always have. They do. They always will. This is news?

Legal phrases are always written to be as either

1) inclusive as possible... or
2) as specific as necessary.
3) but mainly, to cover all the bases.

Anyone with the proper knowledge, back doors, man in the middle, phishing, nethacking...yada, or yada tools can do the same. Basically there's nothing one person can come up with to protect your privacy, that another can't eventually overcome.

The trick is either to be uninteresting, or anonymous.

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2009, 6:33 pm

just-me wrote:
It means they can use all your files for any thing they want and watch everything you do on the internet.
I imagine they already do.

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2009, 10:08 pm

Why is it that to these people, Uncle Sam can do no wrong when it invades other countries, and that those who claim otherwise are anti-patriots, but when it comes to internal matters, Uncle Sam can do no right? Except for the FBI, I presume... and Homeland Security... and that kind of thing, the people who actually can enforce measures against civil liberties.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 10:24 am

xenon13 wrote:
Why is it that to these people, Uncle Sam can do no wrong when it invades other countries, and that those who claim otherwise are anti-patriots, but when it comes to internal matters, Uncle Sam can do no right? Except for the FBI, I presume... and Homeland Security... and that kind of thing, the people who actually can enforce measures against civil liberties.

Uncle Sam can do no wrong when it proposes to take over health care and plunders the middle class to pay for it and those that claim otherwise are anti-patriots. We live in the Age of Obama. Get used to it.

ruveyn

number5
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 10:29 am

Well said, xenon13. And ruveyn, maybe in Jersey a 250K + salary is considered middle class, but I don't think that applies to the rest of America.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 10:39 am

number5 wrote:
Well said, xenon13. And ruveyn, maybe in Jersey a 250K + salary is considered middle class, but I don't think that applies to the rest of America.

I like your approach. Theft is quite alright as long as you commit armed robbery on the affluent. Steal from the Rich and give to the Poor. That is pretty straightforward.

ruveyn

number5
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 10:54 am

I just think we've tried the trickle down method for long enough. Nothing trickles down, it all collects at the very top. If the middle class could only use half of the tax evasion and loophole strategies that the those at the top can, then maybe things could begin to even out. The middle and lower class have been exploited for too long now. Who benefits from high oil prices, or high health insurance costs, or young Americans being sent out to war, or credit default swaps? I think it is the rich who have been commiting armed robbery on the poor!

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 10:59 am

number5 wrote:
I just think we've tried the trickle down method for long enough. Nothing trickles down, it all collects at the very top. If the middle class could only use half of the tax evasion and loophole strategies that the those at the top can, then maybe things could begin to even out. The middle and lower class have been exploited for too long now. Who benefits from high oil prices, or high health insurance costs, or young Americans being sent out to war, or credit default swaps? I think it is the rich who have been commiting armed robbery on the poor!

You are right. Let us resort to outright plunder, at gun point or worse the death of a thousand cuts from government burocracy.

ruveyn

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2009, 7:34 am

number5 wrote:

So you want to democratize robbery, fraud and plunder?

Sounds like a Hobbesian nightmare. We can have a free for all and life will be nasty, bruitish and short for all of us.

ruveyn

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2009, 8:18 am

ruveyn wrote:
number5 wrote:

So you want to democratize robbery, fraud and plunder?

Sounds like a Hobbesian nightmare. We can have a free for all and life will be nasty, bruitish and short for all of us.

ruveyn

Cause darn it, a little social equality through taxation has severely crippled other countries like Canada. Life sure is nasty, brutish and short up here!

USA GDP per capita $47,000 (2008 est.)
life expectancy at birth 78.11 years

CANADA GDP per capita $39,300 (2008 est.)
life expectancy at birth 81.23 years

I'm pretty opposed to excess taxation, but you are doing a bit of a wah wah doom and gloom routine.

How about Sweden?

GDP per capita $38,500 (2008 est.)
Life expectancy at birth 80.86 years

Now what I cannot tell is how much of that 47000 the average American spends on health care and private insurance. Enlighten me?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2009, 8:29 am

Fuzzy wrote:

1. this is an average.
2. check out the racial composition of Canada. What proportion of the population is black. Blacks have a shorter life expectancy for genetic reasons.
3. Do you attribute the difference to the political system or the health care delivery system. What about cultural factors and life style choices?

I am underwhelmed by your thinking.

ruveyn

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2009, 8:50 am

ruveyn wrote:
Fuzzy wrote:

1. this is an average.
2. check out the racial composition of Canada. What proportion of the population is black. Blacks have a shorter life expectancy for genetic reasons.
3. Do you attribute the difference to the political system or the health care delivery system. What about cultural factors and life style choices?

I am underwhelmed by your thinking.

ruveyn

Aha! The racist rat has come out in the open.
See
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-79466194.html

ed
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2009, 10:27 am

ruveyn wrote:
number5 wrote:

I like your approach. Theft is quite alright as long as you commit armed robbery on the affluent. Steal from the Rich and give to the Poor. That is pretty straightforward.

ruveyn

That's better than your credo: give to the rich and exterminate the poor.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2009, 10:29 am

[quote="Sand"]

See
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-79466194.html[/

You never heard of sickle cell anemia? Also high blood pressure and kidney dysfunction is more common in black folks. Check the comparative life expectancy of American black folk and American non black folk and tell me this is a racist fantasy.

part of the difference is genetic and part is cultural.

ruveyn

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2009, 10:47 am

ruveyn wrote:
Sand wrote:

See
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-79466194.html[/

You never heard of sickle cell anemia? Also high blood pressure and kidney dysfunction is more common in black folks. Check the comparative life expectancy of American black folk and American non black folk and tell me this is a racist fantasy.

part of the difference is genetic and part is cultural.

ruveyn

Being black is not a pure genetic indicator. There are many different genetic black lines as there are of whites. To lump them all under one umbrella is clearly racist. And that is what the article I indicated shows.