Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

13 Aug 2009, 1:49 pm

It feels good to let my guard down and be myself....I work really hard being "acceptable" by neurotypical terms. So a place for ausies by ausies is great!

anyway, I am an artist,( photography, poetry and fiber art) I use to paint but got burnt out in art school plus ruined most of my clothes. Mom wants me to paint again, but it holds no appeal to me at all. I usually get a lump in my stomach just thinking about painting. Anyway I have 2 dogs and a bird and 2 fish. They entertain me endlessly. The bird (Brat) is smarter than most people and consemplates world domination. She would achieve that if anyone took her seriously. My dogs (Dixie, and Yin-Yin) are family. Dixie is a lab-pit mix and is the"good dog" and Yin Yin is a chi-pom and loves only mom and me...and as an equal opertunity dog, she will bite anyone regardless of race, age, sex, social status, etc. Good thing she is only 5 lbs and easy to control. My fish Janis, the black moore, and Timble, the fancy-tail goldfish, are fun to watch...they never stay still and are fun to draw cartoons of.

Back to humans, Tell me about you.

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2009, 1:59 pm

Hey, nice to meet you and a great welcome!

Im also an artist and remember when my mum was onto me to get myself to paint
The true creativity comes only from within yourself and it shows itself the best when you show spontanious creativity

I hope you will like it here, I do :P

JohnyCanadianArmy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Aug 2009, 2:05 pm

Welcome aboard miss, hope you like it here!

jojobean wrote:
Back to humans, Tell me about you.

To tell you about myself would take a considerable amount of this not currently available to me (at work) but essentially, I'm 23, male, French-speaking Canadian (bilingual), a member of the Canadian Army (as you can tell by my username) and a quirky man with a lot of interests, but a fairly boring life right now.

All I need is my car, the open road and my Canon 5D mark II!

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2009, 2:59 pm

Welcome, fellow-traveler jojobean, to the Wrong Planet community.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Aug 2009, 3:50 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

13 Aug 2009, 7:39 pm

Xalepax,
Nice to meet you too!...ya for some reason ppl think painting is the ulitmate art form. I dont understand why taking a bunch of tinted goo and make it look "real" is the highest form of art.
Anyway thats just one of my artsy rants. So what kind of art do you do??
I am working on a series of nature photography pics right now...loving it. There is this spot where old volcanic rock goes into lake superior (which is more like a inland freshwater sea) and one day I got some great pics of rock formations in dense fog. It is so surreal.

Johny,
what is the Candaian army like? Canada is a great neighbor, ya'll are probably the only country in the world right now who doesn't have any serious enemies. Ya'll are such a peaceful breed. What do you in the army when your country does not warmonger like ours (your nearest southern neighbor) On a more personal level, boring is good...it gives you a chance to create your life rather than life just happening to you.
I say go explore what you can make of this time. It is nice to meet you too. I am bilingual too, I speak english and sign language (semi-fluently, enough to carry on a conversation anyway)

Jetlag and Richie, thanks for the warm welcome...this is a great place.

blessings, and love,

Jojo

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2009, 7:41 pm

Xalepax,
Nice to meet you too!...ya for some reason ppl think painting is the ulitmate art form. I dont understand why taking a bunch of tinted goo and make it look "real" is the highest form of art.
Anyway thats just one of my artsy rants. So what kind of art do you do??
I am working on a series of nature photography pics right now...loving it. There is this spot where old volcanic rock goes into lake superior (which is more like a inland freshwater sea) and one day I got some great pics of rock formations in dense fog. It is so surreal.

Johny,
what is the Candaian army like? Canada is a great neighbor, ya'll are probably the only country in the world right now who doesn't have any serious enemies. Ya'll are such a peaceful breed. What do you in the army when your country does not warmonger like ours (your nearest southern neighbor) On a more personal level, boring is good...it gives you a chance to create your life rather than life just happening to you.
I say go explore what you can make of this time. It is nice to meet you too. I am bilingual too, I speak english and sign language (semi-fluently, enough to carry on a conversation anyway)

Jetlag and Richie, thanks for the warm welcome...this is a great place.

blessings, and love,

Jojo