hack 2
Noun
1. a writer or journalist who produces work fast and on a regular basis
2. a horse kept for riding, often one for hire
3. Brit a country ride on horseback
Verb
Brit to ride (a horse) cross-country for pleasure
Adjective
unoriginal or of a low standard: clumsily contrived hack verse [short for hackney]

I'm wondering is this the reason for his viewpoint on Aspergers people, that he doesn't know anything about it and has just skimmed what he could find and tacked it together superficially in order to meet a deadline?
Or does he really believe the hurtful things he's spreading about aspies? :(

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 11:44 am

Rex Reed had his penis amputated in a movie he was in... John Carradine wielded the scalpel, if I remember correctly.

AnnePande
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2009, 1:53 pm

I'm happy that I've never had a (lethal) date with anyone, so I've got no human lives on my consciousness. :lol:

No doubt any longer: I'll need to be a nun to spare some innocent people's lives! :P (Or maybe not, since I'm neither Catholic nor Orthodox).

Wonder if it also would be lethal if two aspies dated? Maybe double lethal? :skull: :skull:

:huh: 8O :roll: :alien:

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2009, 2:23 pm

Wouldn't it be nice though if it was true? Who wouldn't want their ex to drop dead :lol:

zena4
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2009, 2:48 pm

:? It happens sometimes.

19 Aug 2009, 4:50 pm

My husband would already be dead if this were true :lol:

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2009, 9:32 am

ViperaAspis wrote:
makuranososhi wrote:
Have at him? I hope that means express your opinions. This isn't a platform for attacks; the man needs to be educated, not abused.

That's right M! It would be pretty counter-productive to advocacy for us to "rail in silence" by posting here on this board or proving his point by being jerks.

And look at all those new well-thought-out comments on the review site. I think it speaks volumes about Aspie character (in general) that there are no base, name-calling posts there, but mostly rational and emotionally expressive messages. Very nice people.

<-- Proud to be a Member

Agreed that 'railing in silence' would be ineffective; my concern is, again with the literal, that the intent was more aggressive/confrontational than would be appropriate. It is encouraging that those responding are doing so in a rational and effective manner, and I'm glad you're proud to be a part of the community here - I am, too.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!