Page 1 of 9 [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 12:14 pm

This is the most comprehensive emotional intelligence test on the Internet.

http://www.queendom.com/tests/access_pa ... gTest=1121

The abridged versions have been posted here before. The first couple of questions are similar to those on the social intelligence test, about which there is already a thread on this forum. This one is the longer version. In my opinion, this is the most accurate EQ test you can do on the Internet.

My EQ score is 56 according to this test. What's yours?

P.S. My friend (who has social anxiety) scored 84 on it, while his parents (totally neurotypical) scored in the 120-130s.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

Last edited by MathGirl on 18 Aug 2009, 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

adamsfrood42
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Aug 2009, 1:56 pm

Wow...I scored a 60.

I was really convinced that I was giving an adept neurotypical performance, too.

Squirsh
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Aug 2009, 1:58 pm

I scored 55.

ddunkin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Aug 2009, 2:53 pm

73, which translated by them is: According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is very poor.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 3:36 pm

71, I thought I would score higher. I thought that over the years some of the NTs I have been around have taught me to read how people will be feeling.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 4:25 pm

I got a seventy one too. Actually, a little higher than I expected.

Seriously, would most NT's score around a hundred on this? It struck me as a very hard questionnaire.

skonamis
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Aug 2009, 4:26 pm

57. I thought i'd get higher

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 5:05 pm

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 5:27 pm

Snapshot Report
Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 63
Subscale percentile = 1

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is very poor. People who score like you do feel that they have trouble dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They struggle to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are unable to control their moods. It’s hard for them to understand how best to motivate themselves and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions quite difficult, for several reasons. They may have trouble allowing themselves to get close with others, finding it difficult to be vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having trouble offering support to others, likely due to the fact that they do not understand where others are coming from or they lack ideas about how best to help. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

Far worse than I thought-but I wonder where in the test specifically I scored low. The self reporting was not good but I was just being honest-I know how I'm supposed to be.

Lepidoptera
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Aug 2009, 5:35 pm

Did anyone purchase your entire results? I took this some time back and purchased the results. The free results are only for the self reporting part of the test which is only the first 20 questions or so. All the emotion recognition parts are left out. I found my results to be much lower on the self reporting part than for the entire test, 78 self reporting versus 102 for the entire test.

I think multiple choice for recognizing emotions makes it easier than it should be. Real life is not multiple choice. :)

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 5:56 pm

Ooooh! then my low score doesn't surprise me.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 6:00 pm

I thought the answers on those 'What emotion is X feeling' questions were too restrictive. They gave certain choices, where I figured that those people might be feeling a mix of any of those emotions.

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 6:16 pm

MathGirl wrote:
This is the most comprehensive emotional intelligence test on the Internet.

http://www.queendom.com/tests/access_pa ... gTest=1121

The abridged versions have been posted here before. The first couple of questions are similar to those on the social intelligence test, about which there is already a thread on this forum. This one is the longer version. In my opinion, this is the most accurate EQ test you can do on the Internet.

My EQ score is 56 according to this test. What's yours?

P.S. My friend (who has social anxiety) scored 84 on it, while his parents (totally neurotypical) scored in the 120-130s.

mine was fairly close. i scored a 55

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 6:20 pm

Lepidoptera wrote:
Did anyone purchase your entire results? I took this some time back and purchased the results. The free results are only for the self reporting part of the test which is only the first 20 questions or so. All the emotion recognition parts are left out. I found my results to be much lower on the self reporting part than for the entire test, 78 self reporting versus 102 for the entire test.

Hmm, but then in the description it says "your emotional intelligence is very poor". If you got over 100, it shouldn't be considered poor as 100 is the average score.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

matt
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 8:18 pm

Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 55
Subscale percentile = 0.13

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is very poor. People who score like you do feel that they have trouble dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They struggle to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are unable to control their moods. It’s hard for them to understand how best to motivate themselves and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions quite difficult, for several reasons. They may have trouble allowing themselves to get close with others, finding it difficult to be vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having trouble offering support to others, likely due to the fact that they do not understand where others are coming from or they lack ideas about how best to help. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

ddunkin

18 Aug 2009, 9:06 pm

Lepidoptera wrote:
I think multiple choice for recognizing emotions makes it easier than it should be. Real life is not multiple choice. :)

I had a word for my opinion before reading all the answers, which was usually not matching any of the below ones. I am assuming the honest answer then is 'I don't know' instead of using one of the words handed to you.