Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2009, 10:47 am

I went to Huntingdon today to feed some ducks and two swans. There were an elderly couple on one side watching the boats and the ducks and on the other side were two young lads with two girls. I started to feed the ducks and then the boys who are ducks (with an i substituting the u) got up and started lobbing conker shells at them. I was really upset because there was nothing anyone could do because the yobs would have ganged up on all of us. GAAAH! I just don't understand why someone would want to do this to an innocent creature, it's just cowardly.

SAVE THE HUNTINGDON DUCKS!! !

Erminea
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2009, 2:06 pm

Yeah, I understand your feelings about this. Very cowardly indeed but I think I would say something about it.... even be prepared to fight if necessary for I hate such low life behavior.

Once got my nose hurt when I was (+/-) half the age I'm at present. I said something to a man who was yanking (really hard, quite a long time, repeatedly, losing it like a sadist) the leach of/ towards his German shepherd dog.... like a total moron and the dog went feeling so small, I just could not shut my mouth and said something like 'hey, can't you act normal'.... (doe eens normaal, joh!). Um, the moron went really aggressive after that and hit me, out of nothing, spot on, on my nose (and bugger, the dog even went against me and tried to bite to lower part of my leg). I anticipated and ran and was quite confused for a while about this whole encounter.

I really really hate NTs who think they're so superior to animals and think it's ok to treat them like shite.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2009, 7:06 am

I would do something about it if I was stronger and bigger. I am very small for my age so I can't really fight at all (plus I am a girl.) besides the police here would probably charge me for hurting the boys. That's why I hate this country...

Reesie
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Aug 2009, 3:13 pm

I hate the way some people act. It's sickening. And it makes me sad. :(

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2009, 10:56 pm

Jellybean wrote:
I would do something about it if I was stronger and bigger. I am very small for my age so I can't really fight at all (plus I am a girl.) besides the police here would probably charge me for hurting the boys. That's why I hate this country...

Stay far away from Norway! It's probably even worse here. Animals are nothing here. I hate this place!

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2009, 2:21 pm

:( Boys can be idiots like that. My brother once shot a pigeon with his toy bow and arrow just for the sake of it.

y es como un semestre"

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2009, 4:16 pm

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
:( Boys can be idiots like that. My brother once shot a pigeon with his toy bow and arrow just for the sake of it.

Incredibly mean, but damn that must have been a good shot 8O.

I hate when people are cruel to animals, it's very sad :( I hate to admit it, but back in my narcissistic/ developing sociopath days (0-10, I fixed myself, at the expense of my confidence) I was cruel to animals on a few occasions, I won't talk about what I did, because it was so unbearably cruel, but I would have never forgave myself if I didn't believe I was sorry, and it would never happen again.

These days I put spiders in cups, and help the odd bird that flies into my window.

Member of the WP Strident Atheists

TheDuck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Aug 2009, 9:25 pm

Jellybean wrote:
I just don't understand why someone would want to do this to an innocent creature, it's just cowardly.

probably to impress the girls .... never got why being stupid/jerkish would impress someone

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2009, 6:05 am

ryan93 wrote:

Yeah, definitely!
The last time I used my bow (big one, not a toy) was in the basement some months ago. I was aiming at a big (ca 50-60 cm) card board box standing only 1-2 meter from me. I’m not even gonna tell you how badly I missed! :oops:

Regarding Gina’s brother, I assume he was fairly young when he did that.
It’s not uncommon for kids (girls, too, not only boys) to be cruel to animals (and each other, as well). Don’t get me wrong: That doesn’t make it okay, not at all, but immature minds can be quite drawn to doing bad things. That doesn’t mean that the kid can’t see the light, change and regret it once he/she grows more mature.

I gather that the guys OP mentioned were older than that, since she mentioned she’d do something if she was bigger and stronger.

WARNING: The next sections contain some really evil sh**.

I’m more concerned (long term) when the perpetrators are older. Some years ago I read about some “fun” party activity in or in the area of Bergn, Norway. During the party someone came up with a ‘great’ idea: They tied fireworks to a cat and lit it. I don’t know what kind of punishment they got. What on earth can drive adults to do something like that??!

There was another case here in Norway 2 years ago, where a girl (eighteen) and a guy (19) killed a cat belonging to a neighbour, alledgedly as revenge. The cat lady had several cats that according to the girl caused strife in the neighbourhood. At this particular day the girl’s under age sister suggested that they get one of the cats. The 18 year old squeezed the cat between her hands causing it to yelp. It scratched her, which p***ed her off (!) but she claimed she didn’t mean for it to die. They put a chain tightly around its neck before burning its whiskers off it with a lighter. Afterwards they kicked it and stepped on its head, causing one eye to pop out and the cat to die. Prior to this the 18 year old had once put a roofing tile on the cat’s head and stepped on it, but the cat had survived.
In court the girl said she regretted what she had done because it had caused more problems in the neighbourhood.
In Norway the punishment for this crime is a fine or prison for up to one year. In severe cases the punishment can be fine or prison for 3 years. The punishment these 2 got? 14 days suspended sentence, with 2 years period of probation.

It’s not uncommon for cats to be burned, cut with knife or shot at with air rifle. Nor for dogs to be put to sleep for snapping after someone who out of the blue pat them or even throw themselves around the dog’s neck. A dog, who was a friend of my dog, was downtown with her owner. He held her close to him, but a cyclist cycling too fast and too close ran her over, killing the little dog, and required money for the damages from the dog owner.
Those maniac cyclists are a big problem around here. They pass way too fast, way too close, showing no consideration for animals, or people for that matter. Both my mother and I have gotten ugly looks from these maniacs when we walked our dog, and they were forced to break or make a turn. This particular area is a rather narrow road for pedestrians, an area with lots of dogs and children. :evil:

Other animals, too, are mistreated. Examples: 14 year olds capturing a squirrel, ripping off its fur, cutting its nose and ears with a knife before cutting open its stomach and pulling out the inner organs. Drug addicts breaking the legs of pigeons and setting them on fire. Horses being cut by unknown perpetrator. Rabbits being killed in their cages in private gardens. A cop appeared on TV after the rabbit killings, saying they took it seriously because it was devastating for the children who owned them. Right response, wrong reason.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2009, 7:10 am

I'm a big fan of duck so I would have something to say about that.

I hope you are not feeding the ducks bread.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2009, 7:36 am

ryan93 wrote:

I hate when people are cruel to animals, it's very sad :( I hate to admit it, but back in my narcissistic/ developing sociopath days (0-10, I fixed myself, at the expense of my confidence) I was cruel to animals on a few occasions, I won't talk about what I did, because it was so unbearably cruel, but I would have never forgave myself if I didn't believe I was sorry, and it would never happen again.

These days I put spiders in cups, and help the odd bird that flies into my window.

Congratulations. You have grown up. When we are children or when we are young we sometimes lack self control. Growing up should remedy that.

ruveyn