Page 4 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

saywhatyamean
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Sep 2009, 7:04 pm

In general I think most people would not equate ASD with sports genius How ever my father was brilliant at sports..... and the most ASDish person I know. He played professional Aussie Rules foot ball and was a champion boxer. Good at every sport he tried, very focussed and agressive. He had an OK time socially when young because sports stars are hero's in Australian society, even if they are total duds as people. Only problem is he still expects to be treated this way even though he is a doddering old man, and gets irate when he isn't. Virtually No skills in anything else, total dud as a parent and husband.

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2009, 8:07 pm

I'm about as coordinated as a rabid jellyfish, and I've always embarrassed myself at team sports. Still, I sometimes play football and although I'm not the most prolific goalscorer, my speed and stamina are a positive asset. I'm also tall and well-built so I can sometimes intimidate people in the other team. :wink:

Actually, one team sport I've really got into is ultimate frisbee. It's a proper team sport with proper rules, and is great at keeping your fitness up. The only snag is, I can't throw a frisbee to save my life. I also tend to misread the other people on my team and end up in the wrong place...which is why I'm always popular with the people on the opposing team. :P