Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 10:18 am

Well, the Weschler one was far more comprehensive.

Apparently my verbal, general knowledge, etc are between 148 and 160, whereas my spatial and sequencing were 81 and 65 respectively. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the maths... 127.

I think my extreme dyspraxia might be bringing my over all scores down. 132 isn't too bad though for an overall score.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 11:13 am

Danielismyname wrote:

I answered all of the block ones with "known", and all of the pig-cat-dog-hamster ones with "known". I drew a blank on all of the others (I didn't guess).

That proves it - you're as bright as they come, yet you only scored borderline normal.

Yes I was pretty sure about the block ones....they were kind of fun.

BAH! I suppose the odd one out was the hamster, as it's got more syllables. :evil: During the test I was just thinking of genus and species...they're all furry mammals so I was stumped. Then I got it straight away when I saw your post. See how much smarter I am when nobody's hurrying me? Or maybe it's this thing my brain does sometimes, when I can't see the answer to a problem but it pops out later after I've moved on.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 11:19 am

You know, I think it's the Valium* and Seroquel** making me dumberer in regards to math at the moment. Spotting the odd object out is so much easier than figuring out number sequences (why yes, I do know what a prime number is, but by golly, I ain't got the mental energy to figure out where and what this or that number is meant to relate to against the next in sequence).

*Says it makes you dumber whilst under its influence
**Same with this one

Maxi321
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Sep 2009, 6:47 pm

Test is such con. I got bored and only answered about 20 Qs or something and still got you have an IQ of 80. With that sort of preformance should have got something along the lines of: You have the attention span of a fish and so unfortunatly we were not able to calculate your IQ. Take some Addrall and try again in an hour.

gassy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Sep 2009, 8:07 pm

I got 114 and ran out of time. I did them in order and only ended up doing 25ish, and got stuck on two questions that tokok about half my time. It didn't even occur to me to leave them out which i find a little worrying, but maybe its because its 2am and im rather tired lol!

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 11:15 pm

omgosh that is one embarrasing quiz, i took it and it says i rushed through it, i read somewhat fast i gues u could say doesnt mean i comprehend it that fast but can read it and know the words but not know the meaning whatever anyways, and this is what i scored i didnt even know this was possible, i didnt understand any of it though and guessed a lot, i couldnt even do the "i guess u call" simple ones, i didnt kow what to rwrite about meaning of life, idk... so sad, heres my score :( ...

ya somebody shoot me now lol :oops:

YOUR RESULTS

Unfortunately your score is too low
to be calculated using this test.

Some important stats to consider

The average I.Q. of all people whom have taken this test so far is "100"

The test took you 150 seconds to complete
You have guesses 100 % of the test answers
You have previously seen 0 % of the test questions

Here where some factors that may have contributed to a slightly higher or lower score;

You guessed your way through most of the test
You rushed through the test

7306 People have taken this test so far!

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 2:33 am

ToughDiamond wrote:
Danielismyname wrote:

I answered all of the block ones with "known", and all of the pig-cat-dog-hamster ones with "known". I drew a blank on all of the others (I didn't guess).

That proves it - you're as bright as they come, yet you only scored borderline normal.

Yes I was pretty sure about the block ones....they were kind of fun.

BAH! I suppose the odd one out was the hamster, as it's got more syllables. :evil: During the test I was just thinking of genus and species...they're all furry mammals so I was stumped. Then I got it straight away when I saw your post. See how much smarter I am when nobody's hurrying me? Or maybe it's this thing my brain does sometimes, when I can't see the answer to a problem but it pops out later after I've moved on.
I figured that pig was the odd one out, since the other animals mentioned were "pets", and most people eat pigs. In other words, there was no logical difference between the animals, in terms of biological genus. They are all mammals. One is an obligate carnivore, one is a carnivore that can eat some vegetables, one is an omnivore, and one is a herbivore.

I could imagine people answering this all sorts of different ways, but it seems the "difference" in the animal is not in fact the animal itself, but more what we do to it. (Turn it into bacon or pork roast and serve with mustard.) Where this question leaves us vegans, I don't know!

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 2:56 am

there is math on this? Crap. know very little math. and what I do know i'm awful at.

okay I give up. It's super hard, and I'm super tired.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 5:41 am

Maxi321 wrote:
I got bored and only answered about 20 Qs or something

Ah yes, boredom is said to be a big blocking agent for Aspies. Certainly my gut reaction to those "reverse-engineer the following numerical algorithm" questions was "WHAT THE HELL FOR???" It could be argued that I just don't like them because I'm so crap at them of course.

I guess the animal question could have been "pig" as it's the only edible one, though it's not an absolute. I bet there are some cultures who eat dogs, and maybe hamsters. Whether or not the author of the questionnaire thought that deeply about it is another matter. The number of syllables is the obvious answer, but maybe the author didn't notice that. I wish they'd given the correct answers at the end......I'm sure that with a bit of study anybody could improve their apparent IQ, though if the test was a good one then that would be impossible.

Some folks have said that they found themselves just starting at the beginning and working through the test in the given order. That's another thing Aspies will tend to do, being logical and rigid thinkers. I've learned to skip questions but it never feels natural.

ozzie_girl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Sep 2009, 5:49 am

I scored 107 the first time, but ran out of time - I had the TV on and it was really distracting me so I turned it off and did it again (remembered some of my answers) and still ran out of time but got 117 this time. Usually my IQ scores are around 130.

anxiety25
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 8:26 am

Your Calculated I.Q. score is ( 81 )! !!
That means your IQ rating is Borderline Average.

Your score is higher then 10% of the people whom have taken this test!

The test took you 497 seconds to complete
You have guesses 81 % of the test answers
You have previously seen 16 % of the test questions

Here where some factors that may have contributed to a slightly higher or lower score;
You guessed your way through most of the test

"I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends." -Luna Lovegood

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 1:52 pm

Tollorin wrote:
YOUR RESULTS

Your Calculated I.Q. score is ( 83 )! !!
That means your IQ rating is Borderline Average.

Your score is higher then 13% of the people whom have taken this test!

The test took you 1218 seconds to complete
You have guesses 0 % of the test answers
You have previously seen 53 % of the test questions

7220 People have taken this test so far!

My result are quite bad... :oops: That's my problem, I appear very smart, but I'm not "that smart" a least according to the tests. :(
(I talking also about some profesionnaly administered tests here...)

Can someone explain me what the questions 21 and 23 are about pleeeease :huh:

Au fait, tu est un francophone TheDuck? Moi aussi!! ! :bounce:. Bien sûr ou je vie, la plupart des gens le sont. :D

Question 21 Im not sure about, but 23 is a deal about substitutions:
if 9 + 1 = 9, 5 + 1 = 9, and 4 + 5 = 9, etc. then what are the values of those numbers in effort to determine 8 - 1 with respect to it? for example, given that 2 + 4 = 8, and 2 + 6 = 8, the new equation would be 2 + 4 = 6 + 2. If you subtract 2 from both sides you're left with 4 = 6. So, wherever you see a 4, its a 6; and where you see a 6 its really a 4.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 10:02 pm

PlatedDrake wrote:
Question 21 Im not sure about, but 23 is a deal about substitutions:
if 9 + 1 = 9, 5 + 1 = 9, and 4 + 5 = 9, etc. then what are the values of those numbers in effort to determine 8 - 1 with respect to it? for example, given that 2 + 4 = 8, and 2 + 6 = 8, the new equation would be 2 + 4 = 6 + 2. If you subtract 2 from both sides you're left with 4 = 6. So, wherever you see a 4, its a 6; and where you see a 6 its really a 4.

Thanks for the answer :D I'm not sure if I can figure it out now, but at least I know in what "it make sense" . I wish I was smart enough to all by myself figure those things out... :(

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 11:09 pm

Quote:
Your Calculated I.Q. score is ( 110 )! !!
That means your IQ rating is Average.

Your score is higher then 70% of the people whom have taken this test!

The test took you 1224 seconds to complete
You have guesses 38 % of the test answers
You have previously seen 59 % of the test questions

I did the test in order and did not do a test like this ever before.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!