Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 6:40 am

Commodus: Rise. Rise.
[Maximus stands up, clenching an arrow head in his right hand]
Commodus: Your fame is well deserved, Spaniard. I don't think there's ever been a gladiator to match you. As for this young man, he insists you are Hector reborn. Or was it Hercules? Why doesn't the hero reveal himself and tell us all your real name? You do have a name.
Maximus: My name is Gladiator.
[turns away from Commodus]
Commodus: How dare you show your back to me! Slave, you will remove your helmet and tell me your name.
Maximus: [removes helmet and turns around to face Commodus] My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.
[Commodus trembles in disbelief]

Quintus: Arms!
[Praetorians point their spears at the gladiators while the Colosseum crowd chants for them to live. Commodus shakes his head and motions the crowd for silence. He then raises his fist and reluctantly gives the thumbs-up signal]

I just love stuff like that. Revenge is my favorite theme.

ruveyn

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Sep 2009, 7:18 am

"Revenge"! Me too, so long as it comes with dose of humour or with warm passion or calm trust in its happening, ( rather than twisted and cold ), and although I like that in "Gladiator", ( it's one of my favourite films too ), I like this one even more:

"My name is Inigo Mantoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!" from "The Princess Bride", one of the greatest "revenge" moments ever! :)

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 11:00 am

The best line from "Gladiator" is

"That which we do echoes in eternity"

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

kissmyarrrtichoke
Toucan
Toucan

05 Sep 2009, 3:07 pm

I agree with all of these and

MAXIMUS: In 3 weeks I will be harvesting my crops. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so. If you find yourself alone, walking in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled, for you are in alysium, and you're already DEAD! What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

COMMODUS: AM I NOT MERCIFUL!! !!

COMMODUS: Only a famous death will do. What could be more GLORIOUS than to face the emperor himself in the great arena.

PROXIMO: Those giraffes you sold me, they won't mate. They just walk around, eating, and not mating. You sold me... queer giraffes. I want my money back.

MAXIMUS: You knew Marcus Aurelius?
PROXIMO: [very quickly and defensively] I did not say I knew him, I said he touched me on the shoulder once!
...and the rest of that conversation...

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 4:27 pm

"My name is Inigo Mantoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!"

Stop Saying That!...;)

Offer me gold...jewels...anything that I could want

...all that I Have, and more!"