Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 12:26 am

I've been told by a WrongPlanet member that my posts sound very "Aspie-like." What do you think this means? When someone posts to a thread, what qualities make such a post "Aspie-like"?

Aoi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 12:52 am

I have no idea. Perhaps someone can clarify what an "Aspie-like" post resembles.

Night_Owl_Amber
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Sep 2009, 1:07 am

An NT can probably clarify an ''aspie post'' whereas to us we wouldnt know the difference

Squidward
Raven
Raven

09 Sep 2009, 1:21 am

I think some of my posts could be considered Aspie-like, as I try to not make any mistakes in grammar and syntax (to the best of my ability), because I feel that anything less than that is improper. I also tend to ramble, and to make sure every detail is conveyed related to the subject. I don't like leaving people in the dark, and if I'm asking questions or making statements, there's no better way to give people an insight into my own thoughts than to spell it out, to leave no room for misinterpretation.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 1:39 am

I tend to be very repeatative and divert many threads in a similar direction thus often killing said thread or stagnating it...if that counts....

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 1:41 am

fiddlerpianist wrote:
I've been told by a WrongPlanet member that my posts sound very "Aspie-like." What do you think this means? When someone posts to a thread, what qualities make such a post "Aspie-like"?
Perhaps the label-er can educate us by helping us to understand what we are missing - or adding that makes us Apie-Like. If not, I would take the intimidation with a grain of salt in five gallon bucket of water. Then pour it inside their computer (or put their laptop in it.) :lol:

Quinster
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Sep 2009, 5:29 am

Maybe topics NTs just wudnt think of (usually)?

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 5:36 am

Going ASpostal topic

It is all about obsessions--to detail, focus, specialized interests, humour, anger, opinions.

Sounds human to me. 8)

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

oppositedirection
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 5:53 am

I used to make my posts far too long, trying to make sure I cover every possible detail in the standard autistic fashion. If someone were scanning WP, they'd never read more than the first few lines.

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 5:56 am

sartresue wrote:
Going ASpostal topic

It is all about obsessions--to detail, focus, specialized interests, humour, anger, opinions.

Sounds human to me. 8)

and THAT is a very charming aspie post to me, I admire your style!

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 6:55 am

DaWalker wrote:
fiddlerpianist wrote:
Perhaps the label-er can educate us by helping us to understand what we are missing - or adding that makes us Apie-Like. If not, I would take the intimidation with a grain of salt in five gallon bucket of water. Then pour it inside their computer (or put their laptop in it.) :lol:

It definitely was not intimidation. I'm certain that the person meant it in a positive way, almost as a compliment. The person has AS.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 7:44 am

It sounds like it was flattery. Besides, how can posts be "Aspie Like" when members constantly post "no two Aspies are alike". What a complete contradiction!

UnusualSuspect
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Sep 2009, 8:25 am

I'd say that 99% of the posts I read here and on other aspie sites are no different from NT posts, except in their subject matter. For me, an "aspie post" is one that's straight forward, clearly stated, and deeply analytical. But that's just my personal definition, because those are the qualities I look for.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2009, 8:37 am

poopylungstuffing wrote:
I tend to be very repeatative and divert many threads in a similar direction thus often killing said thread or stagnating it...if that counts....

My posts frequently demonstrate my circular thinking and emotional immaturity. I do have difficulties with these things.