Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

rivergoat
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Sep 2009, 7:13 pm

I've been taking Nardil (an MAOI) for a few months. I'm not sure what it's doing to me (can't put a description to it), but I do feel different, and I know that I talk (out loud) ALOT more. I guess it's helping, we'll see.

At any rate, back in mid-July, I started taking fish oil for my arthritis on a friend's recommendation. Within a couple of days, I started getting swollen ankles (water retention). I wasn't sure if it was the combination of fish oil and Nardil, as I had only been taking Nardil for about a month and a half by then, and I didn't know if the side-effect was just kicking in. Well, after 3 weeks, I gained almost 30 pounds and my water retention was absurd (my ankles would get as big as grapefruits!). I quit taking the fish oil, and within a couple of weeks, the water retention went away, and in one month I lost 15 pounds. I've lost about another 8 pounds since then, so it MUST have been the fish oil.

goat

}:)~

Jaydog1212
Toucan
Toucan

18 Sep 2009, 8:49 am

Wow, can't imagine the fish oil doing anything. Nardil can increase your appetite. I noticed that Nardil lowered my social inhibitions as well (good thing for me). Just make sure you follow the MAOI diet. If you ever eat something you shouldn't you will know it. It feels like your head is going to explode. I had to be rushed in the E.R., I thought I was going to die. I was in so much pain that I wished I would die. :(

Io

19 Sep 2009, 8:46 pm

I think it just depends on the person. When I was taking Nardil, I always ate and drank whatever I wanted including a lot of stuff from the so-called forbidden list. Never any problem for me. Nardil really did help me a lot; it's a shame that they changed the formula in 2003 so it doesn't work anymore. :x