Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2004, 8:30 am

From Grades 1 right through to the time that I graduated from Highschool, I was described by almost all of my Teachers as being the Model Student. I didn't have much interest in interacting with my Peers, so I just burried my nose in my books, instead. I must admit that I was a bit of a Stuffed Shirt as a child. I had no interest in goofing off with the rest of my Classmates. I didn't really play with other kids. I tended to supervise them more than anything. I also gave nearly all of my toys away when I was ten. All I did was School Work, Homework, Reading and Map Reading.

Was anybody else a Model Student, and also, did you grow-up before your years?

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2004, 11:41 am

Quote:
I must admit that I was a bit of a Stuffed Shirt as a child.

I am confused by what mean by that.

Quote:
Was anybody else a Model Student, and also, did you grow-up before your years?

No and No. The frustrations I had at school tended to out themselves in outbursts of anger, also I had a knack for saying inapropriate things, that at the time seemed like a good idea. Plus I was rather stubborn as a kid and so all my teacher thought that I was being disrespectful of others.

I spent alot of time in counseling at school, including spending a lot of time watching film strips on the do's and don'ts of social interaction. (they had those back in the mid 80's)

Catffienated
Toucan
Toucan

18 Nov 2004, 12:03 pm

I'm a teacher's pet. That's for sure. (People get mad at me for it; especially in English 1-11. But it's ridiculous, I'm just doing my work) When I was younger and most work was group work; I was labeled as being 'antisocial' and having an attitude problem.

midge
Toucan
Toucan

18 Nov 2004, 9:31 pm

I'm a little bit of both. I've always done well in school and studied and all of that, but I am a slob, so I was always (still am :oops: ) loosing assignments. Also when I get caught up in something else I forget to do it altogether. This has made me the subject of many a teachers wrath. Plus sometimes I couldn't read my own handwriting, so that didn't help. As far as growing up before my years, that's a little bit of both too. In some ways I've always done things people younger than me would do but in others I was always beyond my years. When I was little I would worry so much my mom joked that I'd have an ulcer by the time I was ten. Also, I gave up caffeine when I was ten and went on a health food kick (it didn't last very long). I also was watching more adult movies and reading more adult books, including nonfiction, when I was young.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2004, 10:14 pm

A stuffed shirt is a prim and proper person who walks the straight and narrow.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2004, 4:24 am

loved by teachers, loathed by pupils.

V

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2004, 7:14 pm

vetivert wrote:
loved by teachers, loathed by pupils.

V

Half-true for me. i am loved by my teachers, and the majority of my peers can tolerate me, even if their not technically friends. but every barrel has it's bad apples...

Archmage

P.S. Sorry if there are any typos. i just drank a milkshake and my fingers are numb from holding the cup.

we will make it through,
Here we are, like a star,
shining bright on the world,
Today... Make evil go away!

"Code Lyoko" Theme

Jodi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Nov 2004, 7:45 pm

Different people thought different things about me. Ive had students that hated me, and students that liked me. I was never a teachers pet. in fact, I could think of teachers that just couldn't stand me. I was actually a good kid unless i didn't like the teacher, then i just wouldn't listen. There were also teachers that liked me, I was quiet, never caused trouble and had decent grades.

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2004, 4:28 am

Not really. The teachers loved my grades and smart questions, but seemed confused by my rebelliousness, inattentiveness and indifference to many subjects, and immature/combative behaviour, plus as with Midge I forgot everything (homework, equipment, that it was a school day...). Once past middle school (the 'vindictive clone' years, apparently) I was generally tolerated by most of my peers and there were a few who thought I was funny, plus I had a couple of mates to knock around with even if they didnt get me. I definitely didn't grow up ahead of my years - I had a social conscience and could think for myself from an early age, but some of my interests and behaviour were 'younger' than my peers (I only started to make an effort in some areas when hormones took over at 15 so I noticed girls, lol) and I'm still a big kid in many respects, particularly the temper tantrums... :P

Dunc

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2004, 4:16 am

I've never been a teachers pet or a model student.

I hated homework and half the time procrastinated and didn't do it. Teachers mistook my AS for rudeness and disliked me because of it.

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2004, 5:38 am

I was what is called a "model student." My teachers, especially in elementary school, absolutely loved me. I don't know know how the students felt, but I think they were all right with me, as well. I didn't go out of my way to become a teacher's pet, or anything (though I did it accidentally a few times, and learned it was not a good idea!).

I was quiet, intellegent, and dilligent in my studies, and still am. I think I do at times rub teachers the wrong way, because I rarely participate in class. I know of atleast one or two teachers at my college who seem to hate me for this, and for being so quiet.

Every so often, I run into those types of people.

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2004, 8:12 am

I was a crap student, even though I was supposed to be very intelligent.

followMe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Nov 2004, 1:16 am

i was a model student in many ways. i caught on quick, got good grades, and never caused a lot of trouble in class. on the other hand, i've always been a slacker when it comes to doing homework. if it was a subject i wasn't interested in, i didn't put any effort into it all. my grades started to suffer some when i got older because of this.

i was kind of stuffed shirt. unlike most kids, i liked learning and wasn't interested in rebelling against the teachers. i actually got along bether with the teachers than with my classmates.

intellectually, i think i am a few years ahead of my peers. emotionally and socially, a few years behind (or ahead, i don't know). i consider myself an old soul.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2004, 2:22 am

The Primary school teachers overseas must be nice. The ones at my school from 1990-1998 were just plain jerks.

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2004, 10:00 am

From 6 to 12 I was the Model Elementary Student... if a little shy and weird... and perpetually wearing velcro...

After that the rage came... and never let up...

NanoTy
Raven
Raven

25 Nov 2004, 3:45 pm

I am pretty sure that I was viewed as a model student by many of my teachers in high school. In fact, my eleventh grade english teacher, who I also had for advisory after lunch, liked me so much that she specifically requested she have me for advisory in twelfth grade. However, seniors were the only ones not required to attend advisory as a result of off-campus lunch, but I chose to go anyway. I am pretty sure that I was the only one in my class who did this, which my advisor really admired about me. I had the same teacher for ethics class in the tenth and twelfth grades. She really liked me as a student in twelfth grade, but that was not exactly the case for tenth grade. I remember that at one of my parent-teacher-student conferences, the only thing she said about me was that I lacked social skills.