Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Brandon_M
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Sep 2009, 12:07 pm

And i'm not too happy about it. I don't know why, but i've lost my appetite and all motivation to work out within the past two months. I haven't lost all my muscle, but I see a significant change after only two months. How do I get motivation back when my gym membership is on hold due to payment difficulties from balancing my budget? Is that why my appetite's gone?

DylanMcKay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2009, 3:32 pm

you'll get there. view the winter months as a time to workout and get back into a good routine. Until you get things squared away with the gym obviously you'll just have to make do with what you've got. Even if only push-ups. And it never hurts to exclusively focus on some cardio work for a little while, several weeks building up your endurance with some running.

I don't know what winter weather is like down in Houston, but up in Cleveland it's a great time to be indoors haha. While most everyone else is taking a break from their fitness during the holidays, use this time to rework some goals and to further get ready to get back to peak condition for summer 2010!

Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2009, 4:06 am

I'm not sure what your diet looks like,
but usually my appetite disappears when I've been eating the same thing for too long.

Maybe try to switch up your diet a bit? Introduce new foods and try new recipes?

When that doesn't work, try to make yourself some smoothies chock full of healthy ingredients (e.g. a banana/strawberry smoothie with oats and protein powder added in, a banana/peanut butter smoothie, a 'green smoothie', add avocado for extra calories etc.). I find it easier to have these than regular food (when I don't have any appetite) as you can drink it up quickly. Just experiment with the ingredients:)