Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2006, 3:05 am

I'm not a very good test taker. I usually score lower on tests than on classwork, since I have less anxiety and I like being able to think. It depends on the test, however, since I'm way better at English-related subjects in school rather than the math and sciences. I'm a complex thinker, and I think with complexity and with art rather than lots of one-way answers (not like I hate math and science or anything). Sometimes I could spend a lot of time studying a part for a test, but then totally forget some of it when the test begins and blank out on some things sometimes. I suggest a "memory dump", in which you write down important facts that you think you may forget later when you have a lot of them in your head at the beginning of the test. It's actually fairly affective.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

Tremere
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jun 2006, 4:51 am

I don't worry about them. I handle it as if i've been given a worksheet and told to shut up while doing it.

Believe me, burning yourself out just to get the 'high score' isn't worth the trouble. Do some small revision and leave it there.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2006, 1:11 pm

SolaCatella wrote:
Does anyone else have a problem when the numbers of a's, b's, c's, etc. aren't equal on a multiple choice test? I always panic and start overanalyzing when that happens.

I tend to do that too. Especially if all the answers are the A (or all are B or C, ect.) I'll spend twice as long on those problems just to make sure I do have the right answer.
As for the rest of my tests, I usually don't worry. Exams get me a little worried - geometry scared me to death though - but other than that I'm fine. Math tests usually don't go too well, if only because I end up doing something stupid. In my final exam (geometry) I was repeating a Spanish formula and trying to make it fit. Needless to say, it didn't work. (Where's the verb?) :)
I'm also usually the first person to finish, but I like to wait until someone else turns in their test before I do.

Three years!