Federal worker lynched in rural Kentucky

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

AspieCard
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Sep 2009, 7:05 pm

BIG CREEK, Ky. – A census worker found hanged from a tree with the word "fed" scrawled on his chest met his end in a corner of Appalachia with an abundance of meth labs and marijuana fields — and a reputation for mistrusting government that dates back to the days of moonshiners and "revenuers."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090924/ap_ ... ker_hanged

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2009, 7:08 pm

The man was not hanged. He was strangulated and the state authorities have not said his death was murder. It could have been suicide or it could have been accidental (the guy might have been fooling around with a noose).

Stand by for an official pronouncement.

ruveyn

Coadunate
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2009, 8:13 pm

Here is a question for everyone?
If I were to come to your house and ask you the following questions

http://www.census.gov/dmd/www/pdf/d02p.pdf

and tell you that you are legally obligated to answer or will be fined up to $1000.00 per question if you do not truthfully answer would feel like doing me bodily harm?

Please don’t misunderstand me. I’m not saying that you WOULD do me bodily harm, I’m just asking if you would desire to do me bodily harm?

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2009, 10:45 pm

Only a very few of these questions are needed to carry out the mandate of the Constitution. They need to know the number, ages, and citizenship of the people living at the home for the purposes of determining number of representatives and voting districts. The rest of the questions are not needed to do this and are inappropriate and intrusive. I will not "be there" when the census worker comes to my house.

demeus
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2009, 11:36 pm

What you presented in the link is the long form, which only about 1 in 6 households will get. The rest get the short form which asks for much less information (more along the lines of what the other poster said is needed for the constitutional mandate).

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2009, 2:30 am

cyberscan wrote:
Only a very few of these questions are needed to carry out the mandate of the Constitution. They need to know the number, ages, and citizenship of the people living at the home for the purposes of determining number of representatives and voting districts. The rest of the questions are not needed to do this and are inappropriate and intrusive. I will not "be there" when the census worker comes to my house.

That is the only information I give on the census form. The names and ages of people living under my roof. Period. Nothing more. The U.S. Constitution mandates the census for the purpose of determining representation in Congress. Period. Nothing more.

ruveyn