Does anyone else find this offensive?

Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2015, 7:52 am

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
Aren't all kids put on "leashes" (we referred to them as reigns when I was young) at some point? :?

I was.

Huh?
Never was. Don't know anyone who was.

Never seen a kid on a leash. Never even heard of such a thing until now. With some individual kids it might be a good idea. But its not something commonly see here in the US.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2015, 7:57 am

I see kids on leashes once in a while.

It was probably more common 10-15 years ago.

I don't like it at all. If it all, it should be used on kids who don't know that they shouldn't run in the street so they would get hit by a car.

To put something like that on Youtube indicates that the person posting the picture should begin to "get a life."

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2015, 8:17 am

I knew a little girl who almost died when she was 18 months old. Her parents, very good and loving, wonderful parents, who were very good friends of mine, were at the mall with her. The mom was very pregnant with the second one and they were walking on the second floor of the mall. The little girl saw a toy store on the other side of the mall and wriggled out of her mom's hand unexpectedly and ran to edge of balcony. The bars of the railing were wide enough for her to just squeeze through them. Her parents ran after her and tried to grab her but she was too fast. She went right through the bars and fell 16 feet to the hard floor below. Fortunately she miraculously survived and eventually made a full recovery. That was before kid tethers had been invented. I don't care what anybody thinks. If I were a parent I would use them.

Wreck It Ralph

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2015, 8:22 am

Yep....it's a real dangerous situation if kids have no restraint in the street. I'm ambivalent about restraints, but your story highlights, well, another viewpoint.

How are the Rapids?

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2015, 9:13 am

I wish I knew! Car's been down for a week. Don't know when I will get it back. Been kind of stranded. Sucks royally.

Wreck It Ralph

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2015, 9:29 am

Man...that does suck! I know it's impractical to take a bus and rent a kayak (I thought of that suggestion, then thought about it some more LOL)

I hope it's just an alternator or something.

Aspie202
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2015, 9:47 am

When I was little, I used to wander off, probably of my disabilities. My mom then had to put me on a leash.