do you prefer to be alone or with people in your morning...

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Nightsun
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2009, 2:58 am

In the morning I wake up with my child (actually when she wake me up). I go up. Prepare dinner. Change/wash my son. Carry her to her Grandma then close myself in bathroom for 1 hours. I need that time or the day is lost.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2009, 3:12 am

I like being alone.Usually my landlady is up and gone before me and my roomate is either gone or still sleeping.I am happy with that routine.I am pretty cranky in the morning, especially Wednesdays when I have a 3 hour real estate class at 8 in the morning.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

Sarafina7
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Oct 2009, 3:19 am

I like to be alone when getting ready in the morning. I usually wake up when most of my family is either asleep or gone (around 8 o'clock am). I don't mind other people being around, unless they bother me.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2009, 3:19 am

I like going to restruants on the weekends for breakfast, even if its busy, now if
I am sick or crabby I tend to avoid all human contact.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2009, 8:32 am

wow, you all sound very similar. i wonder if NTs are the same?
i hate the conversation as well. my dad sometimes gets up early, and he talks too loud, and there's this girl who occasionally tries to small talk with me on the bus in the morning..ugh.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2009, 8:40 am

I prefer to be alone all the time. :lol:

calis1981
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Oct 2009, 8:42 am

say anything other to me in the morning aside from "good morning" and im in a crap mood
but having 3 kids makes this very hard
good thing the kids like the morning cartoons!! !
all they say is "mornin dad" an thats it, then we all sit around like zombies for an hour watchin ben 10 or transformers, lol
im a big kid, gotta love the cartoons!!

edit: and i gotta have my coffee! brain wont work without it now!

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2009, 2:25 pm

To be honest i prefer to be alone as i can watch the tv with peace.

Eto
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Oct 2009, 4:52 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:
wow, you all sound very similar. i wonder if NTs are the same?

I dunno, it might have something to do with extroversion and introversion? My stepfather, sister, stepbrother, and gramma are all extroverts, and they insist on talking during the morning. My mom and, well, myself, are both introverts and we don't do the talking thing when we first get up.

dustintorch
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2009, 9:27 pm

Definitely alone. Usually, all I can say is "Mmmm" or "Uhg" when people try to talk to me. When I was a kid, I hated talking to anyone when I first woke up. My stepmom would say sarcastically every morning, "You're just such a pleasure to be around in the morning." It would piss me off so much. Any other time of the day though I probably would have laughed.

My cat is a different story though. The first thing I do when I wake up now, is tell him how cute he is.

Dancyclancy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Oct 2009, 2:12 am

Definately need to be alone in the morning. Any attempts at conversation drive me crazy and as for those verbal diahorrea types who talk non stop without pausing for breath...... wow....when I've encountered that i just shutdown completely or panic.

Silence is absolutely necessary first thing in the morning.

fullfathomfive
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Oct 2009, 6:25 am

Now if it was up to me, the mornings would be a nice quiet time, but now my parents are retired and home in the day, I have to put up with crappy AM talk radio, which is I think slowly driving me insane. I don't think they know how to tune the radio to another station.

john

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 8:53 am

Scorn in the morn topic

My NT daughters are not morning people. My NT son is if I get his breakfast ready.

I hated it when I was married. All he did was useless yap. When he stopped working, that was the worst.

I chose my kids over the ex spuse any day. but I like being alone, and when the dis grow up and are independent, I will never have to see ex spouse again. :P

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

saywhatyamean
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Oct 2009, 9:22 am

Alone donkey,Alone. LOL pity I don't have that option.

I need to shower before I do anything else so I get up early so I can do that in piece.........not always a given with young children. The shower also makes me feel less nausiated for some reason. I feel much more alive after a shower but it still takes me forever to fully wake up. When it's my turn to get the kids off to school I really have to concentrate. I also have to stick very desperately to our routine or I'm lost. My oldest son usually gets up on his own (often way too early) and his little brother a bit later so I can deal with each child seperately and they don't fight and argue so much.

I hate the radio too especially on talk back. My husband has it really loud and sometimes the TV too. Then he might be using the blender or what ever on top of that. I have to yell out to turn it all off before I can even come into the kitchen. However we very rarely get up together so it's not such an issue.

Apparently folks, there are plenty of reasons for this being sluggish in the morning and one of the reasons is something that many ASDian's suffer with, It is called Pyroleuria and is actually remedied by taking Zink and vit B6. Of course there are other symtoms but if you want to look it up, Google it, it's very inersting.

Cheers

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 3:50 am

I'll be the oddball here. I don't mind people being around me in the mornings.. If it's my family, anyway. I doubt i'd be very comfortable with an acquaintance from work barging in and saying "rise and shine!" lol. I'm pretty much around my parents constantly when i'm not at work or whatever. In fact, my mom often gets me up in the mornings(or, more common for me, afternoons). I also have a habit of usually falling asleep downstairs in our living room(in my chair usually, sometimes the couch) instead of going upstairs to my bedroom.. I just play with my psp or ds or watch tv until i get sleepy and then just fall asleep without thinking about getting in bed or whatever. So, when i wake up my mom or dad are usually around somewhere. My dogs sleep with me or near me often, too. I also don't have a very strict morning routine... I just do whatever i have time to do before i need to be somewhere. And in the case that i don't have anything to do that day, there's even less of a "routine." I'm trying to get better at having some kind of routine to my days so that i can function better, but it hasn't really worked so far. Even if i did get a daily routine worked out, i'd probably forget parts when i get preoccupied thinking about whatever the latest thing i'm dwelling on is. I only seem to be able to keep to routines strictly when it involves an unusual situation like a trip or something... when i need them to know what to expect, organize things in my head, and not get confused. But, yeah... Some mornings i probably wouldn't get up for work at all if my mom wasn't bugging me like i was an 8 year old getting up for school, heh.

berk222
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Oct 2009, 6:43 pm

not like being alone just morning i like it 24 hours!!

But i have a doughter and wife.

my wife goes to work I'm with my doughter all day and I feel great!!

I need to be alone at least 7 8 hours a day minimum.