Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Have you ever had a dream where you dreamed up a name you have never heard of before?
Yes 88%  88%  [ 14 ]
No 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 16

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 Oct 2009, 9:47 pm

Last night I dreamed that I had sold my cherished vintage Mustang sometime in the past, and that I was trying to buy it back from the new owner. In the dream, this new owner lived a half mile from me, and his name was Ken Hansen (pronounced Ken Hatten in the dream). When I woke up I was so relieved that my Mustang is still in my garage. But then I started wondering, how did I come up with that name. Have any of you ever had a dream where you dreamed up some name you have never heard of before. And if so, can you remember the name? What name was it?

Cassia
Toucan
Toucan

06 Oct 2009, 10:22 pm

I think I did once, but it was a long time ago, and I forget the details. Probably just a first name.

Now convinced that I'm a bit autistic, but still unsure if I'd qualify for a diagnosis, since it causes me few problems. Apparently people who are familiar with the autism spectrum can readily spot that I'm a bit autistic, though.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 12:24 am

Lots of times but I'd have to go back to my dream books to find all, as I don't remember too many here and now, but these I remember without checking:
Female:
Delka (which I think is a word in some eastern European language).

Male:
Chimian (god, I just love that name! A search told me it's a place in India and France).
Meheram (evidently Muslim).

I had never heard these names before.

Oh you meant actual real names? I'd have to check, but I know for certain that has happened, too.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Oct 2009, 6:58 am

Skilpadde wrote:
...Oh you meant actual real names? I'd have to check, but I know for certain that has happened, too.

Those are perfect---I was thinking actual names and made up names like you provided. Those are interesting names.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 8:36 am

I don't think so - I don't remember ever doing so, but I could very well be wrong, memory of dreams being the strange thing that it is. I don't remember ever thinking someone's name in a dream at all - I recognise them, but not by name until after I wake up. Odd.

The year is still young.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Oct 2009, 9:05 am

I Google searched "Ken Hansen," the name in my dream, and got a lot of websites about a photographer named Ken Hansen. He had a Rolleiflex camera for sale on Ebay. I bought a Rolleiflex last spring from someone else, but it is possible that I came across his name back then and it just resurfaced in the dream. But as for the pronunciation being "Ken Hatten," I don't know. Dreams are indeed mysterious. Wouldn't it be incredible if there was a DVD like recording device that could hook into our brainwaves and record our dreams?

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 9:16 am

I dreamed once that I met an online buddy of mine who told me what his last name was – it was Rhycek. The research done on its actual existence by the means of google searching showed the results only as someone’s nickname in online communities. That’s the closest thing to which you are asking about I can come up with.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 10:32 am

glider18 wrote:
Wouldn't it be incredible if there was a DVD like recording device that could hook into our brainwaves and record our dreams?

That'd be a dream come true...

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 12:07 pm

Once, many years ago, I dreamed about an incredible romance with a mysterious dark-haired man named Nas.

Unfortunately, that name was used for a rapper recent years :( I don't like rap.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 7:40 pm

I once dreamt that my neighbour Reidun was named Kim and her baby girl Ingvil was a boy named Ronny. But it turned out to be a parallell dimension, so maybe that's the reason.

I dreamt of a black woman named Dene Kon whose nameless son I was in love with.

In one dream I was called Xenobia.

In another dream I had an adopted brother called Scott, who was also a distant relative.

I dreamt that I had a little son called Alexander (1 year old), and in another dream I had children, the twins William and Natasha (7-8 years old), and in yet another dream I had a son (5-6 years old) called William Alexander. WA's father was named Kerian. I also once dream dated a guy named Lash.

Last edited by Skilpadde on 07 Oct 2009, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sati
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2009, 8:25 pm

Often. The people in my dreams almost always all have names.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 2:41 am

You know how you sometime dream about things that you hear the day before? :lol: My poll vote is no longer accurate. :roll: :roll: :roll:

The year is still young.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Oct 2009, 6:15 am

Ambivalence wrote:
You know how you sometime dream about things that you hear the day before? :lol: My poll vote is no longer accurate. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I understand, I posted earlier here about the possibility that the name I dreamed I may have encountered earlier when I was buying a Rolleiflex camera last spring. But that's still interesting how dreams work---a name that may be imbedded deep in the sub-conscious mind emerging in a dream.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 2:27 pm

I dreamt my mother went to a doctor called Roy Evans.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 4:10 pm

The last time I did, it was some chick, and her online handle was "I'm Me". So when I woke up, I checked as many different variations of it as I could, on different sites I frequent. Found a few people, but nobody who really matched my dream.

AnnePande
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 6:45 am

I voted no, but I might have, but don't remember.

I sometimes dream songs, however, but unfortunately I can rarely remember them when I wake up, though I remember they were very clear in the dream.

One of the few I remember was quite gloomy:
"Shouting for help in field and forest
Asking for permission to suffer and die
Why am I allowed to live?"
In the dream I heard it as a song on an album, by a male singer, in a heavy rock style melody.

Or I have dreamed strange words or sentences.
One of them was:
"Watch out! Then you [plural] will avoid cherry mash!" :lol: :cherry:
Kind of odd...
And then I woke up. :)