PS2 Prince of Persia games - Come be excited with me! (:

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 12:38 am

I know this is probably (definitely) on here somewhere already, but I'm lazy and don't feel like digging so... here's a new thread.
I'm talking about the trilogy on PS2, just by the way.

I'm so late on this bandwagon and I know it. I didn't have a ps2 until pretty recently, so I didn't buy/play these when they first came out.
I just got and beat Sands of Time last weekend and I'm planning to find the second game for this weekend.

Geez. Sands was the most enjoyable game I've played in a long time. I like (love) the gameplay, running up walls and such, battling with hardcore flips, rewinding time... Fantastic! The controls were good, the plot, a bit odd, but the characters were really unique and fun.
Farrah(sp?) is amusing. I like how she doesn't take any flak from the prince both in the cutscenes and in actual play. by that I mean I love that she shoots you with an arrow if you whack her with your sword. "Sorry." XD
Beating up sidekicks is usually fun, but I actually try to avoid hitting her since I know she'll attack back with a vengeance. XD
The prince's mumblings/monologues are generally pretty funny too.

Only thing i didn't like was the "Final Battle". I was mad when he didn't turn into a epic dragon or something after I knocked him down after his (apparently) empty threats to Farrah... It was WAY too easy.It was a joke, and I felt like I was beating up an old man who couldn't defend himself. ):
The ending plot-wise, though, was good. I was satisfied with it and I wonder wher/how the next one will start up. (:

So, time for me to be superficial.
I do wish the prince was more attractive. Farrah is gorgeous and the guys get plenty of fan service with her boobs bouncing/hanging out everywhere. I know the prince gets rid of the shirt near the end of the game, and I did appreciate that, but his face leaves much to be desired - I feel like I've been gipped. He's not very attractive - not classically at least. I know the target audience is male, so it makes sense marketing-wise to make the chick pretty and scantily clad, but a good looking protagonist never hurt sales any. I mean, they made Link and Leon (Resident Evil) attractive! So, why didn't they at least throw us female gamers some sort of bone here...?
Then again, the prince kinda has the anti-hero thing going so... maybe his physiognomy sort of shows that he's not entirely heroic? That would be interesting. But maybe I'm reading into it too much.

Anyway! I can't wait to play the next two! I'm extremely excited that I have a (pretty) free weekend to spend entirely on Warrior Within. (:

Thoughts? Opinions? Probably pretty ancient opinions since PoP:SoT came out ages ago... Just use your sands and rewind to when you played the first game. (:
What did you enjoy about it? Fond memories perhaps?

X_Parasite
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 1:32 am

Ah, the Prince of Persia games... (I really need to stop starting posts like that.)
They weren't PS2 exclusive though, I played them on GameCube. (Except for Two Thrones, which I haven't played yet - can't find the bloody disc!)
Anyway, great games. I liked the conversations in the first one, especially the one in the library.
Prince: "Can you find anything that tells us how to get out of here?"
Farah: "This isn't that kind of game."
Prince, to himself: "Game? She thinks this is a game?"

Oh, and what I say concerning your disappointment with the final battle: Just keep playing. The second game has plenty of bosses. And the third game...

You'll just have to play it.

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 4:56 pm

X_Parasite wrote:
Ah, the Prince of Persia games... (I really need to stop starting posts like that.)
They weren't PS2 exclusive though, I played them on GameCube. (Except for Two Thrones, which I haven't played yet - can't find the bloody disc!)
Anyway, great games. I liked the conversations in the first one, especially the one in the library.
Prince: "Can you find anything that tells us how to get out of here?"
Farah: "This isn't that kind of game."
Prince, to himself: "Game? She thinks this is a game?"

Oh, and what I say concerning your disappointment with the final battle: Just keep playing. The second game has plenty of bosses. And the third game...

You'll just have to play it.
That exchange made me laugh. XD
I just bought the second one today - I can't wait to play it! (: