School cop beats Brain Damaged Student

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

CRD
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 1:38 am

Just saw this Holy cow was a jerk beating a braindamged kid over his shirt not being tucked in.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/08/specia ... pstoryview

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2009, 3:40 am

Quote:
The police officer, who has not been identified, reprimanded Pitts for not tucking in his shirt as school dress code and policy requires.

A video, released to Pitts' parents by the school several weeks after the incident, showed Pitts talking to the officer and a faculty member grabbing Pitts' arm. Pitts pulls away and walks down the hall, with the officer and faculty member close behind. But the officer then slams him against the lockers and pins him on the floor -- breaking his nose, according to Manzke.

Classic. The kid turned his back on the cop, which got the cop's authoritarian ego all hurt, so naturally he had no choice but to slam the kid into a wall. :roll: In that cop's world not spitting out gum on command is probably worthy of a shooting.

I'm surprised they released the video. Sounds like that's going to make the parent's case a slam dunk.

EC
Toucan
Toucan

09 Oct 2009, 11:18 am

This is what the police does, it's hardly newsworthy apart from them picking on the mentally disabled now. Guess they had to choose a weaker group of victims after that whole Abner Louima thing. This is why I don't respect police.

Also, notice how he - He "allegedly" beat the student, according to f*****g video surveillance. It's always like this when the police are involved - Details are omitted, facts are twisted, and reports stress that it's an "alleged" incident.

Cassia
Toucan
Toucan

09 Oct 2009, 10:31 pm

EC wrote:
Also, notice how he - He "allegedly" beat the student, according to f***ing video surveillance. It's always like this when the police are involved - Details are omitted, facts are twisted, and reports stress that it's an "alleged" incident.

I don't think the "allegedly" has anything to do with the fact that it was a policeman. When newspapers are reporting on crimes, they're generally very careful to use words like "allegedly" when attributing criminal acts to people who haven't been proven guilty in court, because if they're not careful, they can get sued for ... probably libel, but I'm not really sure.

Now convinced that I'm a bit autistic, but still unsure if I'd qualify for a diagnosis, since it causes me few problems. Apparently people who are familiar with the autism spectrum can readily spot that I'm a bit autistic, though.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2009, 3:10 pm

WTFH? :evil: 8O