Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Seanybaby
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Feb 2006, 3:53 pm

That's Hollywood for ya. Your favorite stars always go for the muscular men with effeminate looks. Take a look at Britney Spears' ex boyfriend. If it weren't for the mustache he'd look like a young boy.

It's annoying. Everytime I hear a hollywood couple being raved so much about how they were meant for each other I begin to study why. In the world of movies, no matter how smart you are, looks are everything. Sex too? Well, I wouldn't go that far but I do have hints from the tabloids.

So back to the point. I'm not saying you should look ugly when starring in movies, but the beautiful and brainless always take the spotlight. Sad, sad truth. No wonder there are so many bad movies these days..... :(

alex
Developer
Developer

08 Feb 2006, 3:57 pm

Seanybaby wrote:
That's Hollywood for ya. Your favorite stars always go for the muscular men with effeminate looks. Take a look at Britney Spears' ex boyfriend. If it weren't for the mustache he'd look like a young boy.

It's annoying. Everytime I hear a hollywood couple being raved so much about how they were meant for each other I begin to study why. In the world of movies, no matter how smart you are, looks are everything. Sex too? Well, I wouldn't go that far but I do have hints from the tabloids.

So back to the point. I'm not saying you should look ugly when starring in movies, but the beautiful and brainless always take the spotlight. Sad, sad truth. No wonder there are so many bad movies these days..... :(

That's not true. Lots of different movie stars have different preferences just like normal people, because, a movie star is not different from a normal person. Actresses tend to be crazy though, I've heard.

DivaD
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2006, 3:59 pm

what's wrong with being a pretty boy? :evil:

Seanybaby
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Feb 2006, 10:19 pm

DivaD wrote:
what's wrong with being a pretty boy? :evil:

Well, I'm one, but I guess I should have meant like a "hearthrob". Somebody who's totally perfect looking and appears younger than they really are. :?

Seanybaby
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Feb 2006, 10:26 pm

alex wrote:
Seanybaby wrote:

That's not true. Lots of different movie stars have different preferences just like normal people, because, a movie star is not different from a normal person. Actresses tend to be crazy though, I've heard.

Again, I've misspoken. I'm trying to say the ones with the big egos and pretty looks like Britney Spears tend to go for looks only, and not personality (wow, I must really want to marry her, don't I? no way).

And it also bothers me that even though all stars are normal, some don't "act" like it. People like Angelina Jolie's wild behavior and partying are setting bad examples for others, and poor Johnny Depp's stuck defending his ex girlfriend from bad accusations of drug habits.

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2006, 9:51 pm

I hate Hollywood. (mostly)
But what I really hate is seeing really pretty women with fat, ugly men. This is typical in movies and commercials. Only the men are allowed to be old, wrinkled, fat and/or unattractive. For once I'd like to see it the other way around. An fat, older chick with wrinkles hooking up with a younger, hardbody, pretty boy. That'll be the day!

It's not that I think looks even matter, it's just that the old Hollywood double standard is so annoying.

Seanybaby
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Feb 2006, 11:51 am

What can I say. I start up a topic and feedback is usually the same as always..... :?

Kiss_my_AS
Toucan
Toucan

21 Feb 2006, 3:21 pm

Well, Lyle Lovett is a good of example to show that it is not always about looks. :)

Seanybaby
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Feb 2006, 8:36 am

Kiss_my_AS wrote:
Well, Lyle Lovett is a good of example to show that it is not always about looks. :)

True. You can't always generalize. I suggest watching the play House of Blue Leaves to get an understanding of popularity. :)

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2006, 9:56 pm

i like pretty boys :) I think Dior Homme's fall 2006 line sums it up - the look of attractive men is completely changing (probably has something to do with why i always get crushes on gay guys?)

i'm not one to argue with hollywood. but real people don't look like that. good day to you too

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2006, 3:37 pm

Austin Powers is the prettiest boy that I've ever seen. :P

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2006, 11:00 pm

Guys that look 12 are horrible in my opinion, yuck. I want a man, not some wuss.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 4:03 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Guys that look 12 are horrible in my opinion, yuck. I want a man, not some wuss.

I second that

Odda
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Location: Caught in the depths, and infinite vastness of cyberspace.

13 Apr 2006, 6:18 pm

I think Hollywood needs to eff off, and society to not be so heavily influenced by it (aspies should be good at that! :wink: ).

talking_pie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jul 2006, 10:51 pm

I'm a guy and I'm sick of some guys giving my gender a bad name by saying "who cares about the fact that she's a diva...she's hot!" Sorry, but where I come from, pretty is as pretty does. That goes for real life AND celeb crushes. That's why I shun the Britney/Jessicas (I hate their music anyways) and admire those who have the whole package:

Jennifer Garner
Rachel McAdams - My favorite of them all. Ryan Gosling is so lucky. *sigh*
Kate Beckinsale
Anne Hathaway

They are talented,adorable,don't cause a scene, and seem like nice personalities comapared to the Paris Hilton esque divas of the world.