Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Roybertito
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Feb 2006, 10:03 pm

I lurk quite a bit myself, actually, but only because sometimes, I don't feel like I should say anything at all, rather just read.

I then reinforce myself by saying reading is healthy, but I know in order to improve myself I have to learn how to respond to people.

Legion
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Feb 2006, 9:28 pm

I feel comfortable on this thread so I'm posting again. Just kidding... sorta.

I guess I'm getting bored of message boards because lately, instead of posting at my usual haunts, I lurk awhile then post on my blog instead.

one1ai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Feb 2006, 3:26 pm

Roybertito wrote:
I then reinforce myself by saying reading is healthy, but I know in order to improve myself I have to learn how to respond to people.

I also feel similarly many times. To improve myself I can ask other's "in exactly what way do you want me to respond to you?". This could confuse the one I talk to. Instead I could have some written communication rules where is written, how to respond.

An example: "1st Rule Of Responding" (this is the name of the rule)
<beginning>
If I find a topic interesting, then I must post a message. If I can't make up an answer in the time limit of 10minutes(use alarm clock here or anything similar), then I post the message
"I liked this topic" (this shows your support for the topic, meaning that you like it and would like to see more of this kind of topics)
<end>

Let's take another rule as example since I'm afraid of the possibility of people that don't like my opinion and afterwards will abuse me.
An example: "1st Rule Of Protection Against Abuse"
<beginning>
If for any reason I find a post/message offending towards me, I'm allowed to respond to the specific message, but only to write [name of person] "did you say that to offend me?"
If the reply of the person makes me feel offended (again), then I must type [name of person] "did you say that to offend me?" "
If the reply of the person is abusing again, then I'm not allowed to post anything as a reply to that person for a limited amount of time either 10days, 30days or 1year.
<end>

Now I'm not totally complete with this work, but I would like to hear your opinion, even "I'm confused". Any kind of reply is welcome