Eating problems (my 2-y-old daughter)

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Nightsun
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2009, 6:43 am

My 2 years old daughter has some eating disorder. She had suffered from reflux since born and till around 1 year old. It was pretty intensive, she had to sleep on my arms because we can't put her down after dinner and we started adding rice flour to her milk since 2 months. We started solid food (adult food) at 7 months because she started refusing anything not solid. She stopped drinking milk (also the one for allergic people) at around 14 months. Now we have a big problem:
- She only eat food that she can take with her hands (no soups or anything like that) and usually she dislike mixed up food (she like pasta but without anything on it).

The main problem is that she eat very few and basically only pasta, bread, cookies, etc.. making her eat meat and expecially vegetables (exception made for tomatoes and potatoes). She likes experimenting new foods (well we must eat it before her or she'll not put it in her stomach) but after it she doesn't touch it again. Obly her to eat it is not possible, she can scream for ungry (actually she doesn't mean ungry, she say that her stomach is hurting, she don't talk she simply say: "Hay, Hay" and touch her belly, but she'll not eat anything she doesn't want).

So:
- what do you suggest?
- where can I find vitamins (expecially B-group) and Omega-3 made for a 2 y old (only chewable one) for her? We live in italy so I need to by over the net, can you find any link for me?

Thanks a lot.

AnotherOne
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Oct 2009, 9:52 am

why don't you try making (or buying) pastry with vegetables/meat inside. like croassaint with some grind broccoli/carrots/meat/fish whatever inside.

i do not know about reflux but if that food hurts her, it is a big question if you should give it to her. maybe really small amounts. did you try to google a forum with reflux problems?

also i would i avoid local fish because i read the news about sunk waste in around italy. what an awful/ horrible thing to do

Nightsun
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2009, 10:07 am

For fish don't worry. The problem you are refering is about 500km south of Rome, so it's nothing to worry about for us. As for reflux bread and pasta are great help to stop it but a normal quantity of meat/fish/eggs and vegetables doesn't make many problem for that and know that problem is far better than before. As for putting vegetables into things... we have tried it, she open the croissant/sandwitch, etc.. remove it and eat the others :twisted: . If we put some vegetables or meat with pasta she want pasta washed out!

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2009, 11:11 am

It sounds like you need to purchase a good "puree" blender to strain vegetables and meats into specially prepared foods that are "deceptively delicious."

Several mothers, even the wife of Jerry Seinfeld, (the comedian) have written cookbooks on their creation of nutritional foods to assist their kids, like yours...I wouldn't rely entirely on vitamins.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2009, 2:28 pm

Here you can buy carrot break (carrots baked in), spinach tortillas (spinach baked in), and so on. Very small amounts that are part of the dough; it wouldn't be much, but it could help. I would also look at crackers made from nuts so that she gets more protein.