Page 6 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2010, 11:57 am

I get upset if an animal of mine/one that I knew dies. I haven't had a person very close to me die, but I haven't gotten upset over the deaths of people that I have known. I've been to funerals of people I know, just haven't had anyone real close to me die.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2010, 6:59 pm

roygerdodger wrote:
For some strange reason, I don't get sad over people's deaths, not even from my own family, friends, or especially celebrities, but I still pay my tributes to them, though.

I do not feel sorrow but I probably will for my parents. Some of my dogs I have felt a little depressed for, I guess it depends on how much of personality the dog had and how long I had them, I have had co-workers and couple fellow students durring my school years die and I was over joyed because they were a source of torment for me.

I had a black friend who was also had aspergers when I was about 12. I was over at his house when his dad who was a roofer had died of a heartattack at work. His mom and sisters were falling down and screaming because their sorrow was so great and it scared the hell out of us both, neither of us could figure out their reactions. He asked me at school a week or two latter if that was how my family reacted when someone close dies and I told him they cry but not that bad. I felt the two of us were like aliens observing a different race or something.

Dots
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2010, 7:13 pm

When my grandma died I didn't like it, but I didn't grieve like what was probably expected of me. When my uncle died I was absorbed in an interest and I feel guilty for not feeling much.

However, if my parents or siblings died I would be very upset. I actually fear the day my parents die.

Free speech means the right to shout 'theatre' in a crowded fire.
--Abbie Hoffman

Francis
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2010, 7:20 pm

I was sad when my paternal grandfather died about 15 years ago. He was my best friend.

Lately, I just get envious when other people die.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2010, 7:44 pm

Francis wrote:
I was sad when my paternal grandfather died about 15 years ago. He was my best friend.

Of the attention they are getting or that their suffering is over?

Xavier_R
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 May 2010, 7:53 pm

I feel a sadness of sorts when anyone dies, but I have always had a weird connection to things of that nature. I never understood why, exactly, until I was in the sixth grade. We read John Donne: "...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind..," and then I knew.

Francis
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2010, 10:54 pm

Todesking wrote:
Francis wrote:

Of the attention they are getting or that their suffering is over?

Choice B. They've done their time and now they are free of this all.

I'm over half way there now

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2010, 11:00 pm

I could never understand why people made such a fuss when celeberities died (I was actualy rather releaved when Steve Irwin did. Finnaly!) I couldn't understand why September 11th was such a big deal and it was only so upsetting because my entire routine had been turned upside down because the TV channels thought it was a good idea to show coverage litterlay non stop. A sister of my brothers' friend commited sucide (at the time I was told it was an accident) and I couldn't understand why everyone was so upset. My parents thought it was a good idea to bring me to the funeral. I wasn't at all creeped out when I saw her body, I just wanted to go home. I personaly could not and probably never will understand why people are supposed to be upset when someone who isn't at all close to them dies.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2010, 11:05 pm

So far, no. I would be upset if my husband died though.

When my cat died, I was a little sad but I was expecting it because she was old and I could tell just by the shape she was in she wouldn't live much longer. Then a month later, she died.

beejay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 May 2010, 11:18 pm

I cried briefly the moment my dad died three years ago, and again at his funeral when the flag that was draped on his casket (he was a WWII veteran; he turned 60 a month after my birth) was given to me. He had been sick for over a decade, so I mostly felt relief that he was no longer suffering. Those are the only times I have ever cried because of someone's death, even though I can cry at the drop of a hat about other things.

I'm more likely to be holding in a laugh at a funeral; it seems like there's always some unintentionally funny moment that forces me to clamp down on my lower lip and maintain decorum.

My fellow Americans. As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball; but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

French_Lola
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 May 2010, 6:05 am

PunkyKat wrote:
I could never understand why people made such a fuss when celeberities died (I was actualy rather releaved when Steve Irwin did. Finnaly!) I couldn't understand why September 11th was such a big deal and it was only so upsetting because my entire routine had been turned upside down because the TV channels thought it was a good idea to show coverage litterlay non stop. A sister of my brothers' friend commited sucide (at the time I was told it was an accident) and I couldn't understand why everyone was so upset. My parents thought it was a good idea to bring me to the funeral. I wasn't at all creeped out when I saw her body, I just wanted to go home. I personaly could not and probably never will understand why people are supposed to be upset when someone who isn't at all close to them dies.

I'm with you there! You can care if someone you love will never show up again, but the others?!?