Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2006, 8:45 pm

GWB with AS? --No.

GWB as Privileged Rich Kid who's legacy is that of being completely mediochre, and inheriting his positions not by hard work, but by taking advantage of his father's successes and influence? --Yes.

Roybertito
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Feb 2006, 9:58 pm

Not Asperger's Syndrome, more like Stupid Idiot's Syndrome.

Seriously, the guy isn't like us - we have some logic in our brains. This guy's just a moron, that's all.

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2006, 9:59 pm

Nope. If he were an aspie, there's no way he'd get away with the things that he does. People will forgive low intellect but not social ineptitude when it comes time to vote.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2006, 10:16 pm

QuirkyCarla wrote:
Saying George W. Bush has Asperger's Syndrome is an insult to the aspie community.

I would DIE if he did.

TuDoDude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Feb 2006, 10:54 pm

As stated, George W. Bush with AS is an insult to all with AS.

Key characteristic of AS is inability to develop socially. He has proven to be a bully with tons of sycophants following behind him.

Also, another characteristic of AS is average to above average verbal skills. Obviously, Bush is sadly lacking in verbal skills. When he accidently gets off script he does appear special in other ways.

Also, a characteristic of AS is a narrow, intense fascination or preoccupation within a few categories. Every week Bush changes his view on something.

k96822 wrote:
Please forgive me if someone mentioned this before. I did a search and found 11 pages of forum topics regarding "George Bush", most of them (if not all of them) having little to do with AS.

As I've been watching him talk on T.V., I have to wonder: do you think George Bush might have Asperger's Syndrome?

BladeX
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Feb 2006, 1:32 am

Ok, I can't stand the guy but Bush is not lacking in verbal skills or intelligence. He plays off the fact that people think he's a joke for his own benefit. If I could find a really old video of him making a speech I'd post it since it's such a dramatic change compared to the way he gives speeches now. It seems he took what he learned when he lost back in 1978 for a seat in Congress in west Texas as most people felt he was "too intelligent" and now tries to come across as the good ol' boy which obviously seems to be working for him. The man got into Yale with an SAT score of 1206 which sure, for Yale is low but anywhere else is pretty darn good.

CatGuy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Feb 2006, 1:42 am

No, he definately isn't an aspie. I have heard that it's possible he might have early onset Alzheimer's, which would explain his verbal bungling. But if he had Asperger's, he'd show some pretty obvious signs with the constant attention he recieves.

Archimedes
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Feb 2006, 2:42 am

He might not be NT but instead have inverse Asperger's Syndrome, as I call it, something I had posted on in this thread -- someone who is very social but who is very incompetent in technical sorts of things.

pernicious_penguin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Feb 2006, 2:57 am

I should point out that a 1206 back in the 60s/70s? was a very good score... play nice

DrizzleMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2006, 8:00 am

TuDoDude wrote:
As stated, George W. Bush with AS is an insult to all with AS.

If GW eats Chinese food, is that insulting to everyone who eats Chinese food? Or if he broke a leg, would be be insulting to everyone who's ever broken a leg? :?

CuriousPrimate
Raven
Raven

14 Feb 2006, 8:11 am

k96822 wrote:
.. do you think George Bush might have Asperger's Syndrome?

Bush one of us ... If this was true I'd seriously think about taking an AS cure... 8O

k96822
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2006, 3:28 pm

An interesting thread already! Don't hate me for this thread (I can't take being hated on an Aspie board -- you're my last chance for talking on the Internet so I'm going into this pretty nervous).

There have been a few assumptions made throughout this thread that may or may not be true: I just question them in search of truth:

First, that Bush is a moron. From my observations, people are calling him a moron because of his /social ineptitude/. When he goes to speak, he fumbles around, his body language is very awkward, and he seems anything but charming to me. Think of when he does that laugh of his -- it's forced, his shoulders jump up awkardly, his eyes do not smile. The assumption that he cannot become president without charisma ignores the fact that he got into office through nepotism. Bush got into office largely based on the huge mistakes of his opponents. Have you ever met anyone that thought Bush was anything but the opposite of Clinton, the poster-boy for charisma? Then again, being an aspie, I'm not sure I can even identify charisma correctly, but I do watch others for their opinion and it certainly seems to me that people think Bush is a clown, not charismatic! And they are basing their opinions on this outward appearance, not on his policies. There are some who do, but most just sputter, "I hate Bush!" "Why?" "Because he's an idiot." "Why?" "Just look at him!" Exactly the thing aspies fear and hold us back.

Also, aspies are great writers, but when put into the social spotlight like that, can be very poor speakers. Consider yourself giving a speech: can you, in front of the nation, give a perfect speech? When put on the spot, do you speak fluently? Doesn't that awkwardness show very well from Bush?

To assume that a person is not an aspie because we don't like them is a logical fallacy. In fact, the fact that they are an aspie tends to make them less likable. Of course, the fact that most of America voted for him... twice... brings up a few possibilities. Are Americans stupid? Or, do they, when it comes to the voting booth, not vote based on social skills but on policy? Or, perhaps Bush has the system rigged? That would show a lot of intelligence on his part.

Just some food for further thought.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2006, 3:37 pm

You do realise years before he was elected it was pointed out what a muppet he was over and over again. Didn't take monkey boy seriously then did you. Well now look whats happened you morons elected him you deal with it. End of discussion move on

The fact he was totally underestimated is why he is sitting in the white house now

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2006, 7:00 pm

How about Laura Bush? I think she's a Stepford Wife.

k96822
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2006, 7:37 pm

Laz wrote:
You do realise years before he was elected it was pointed out what a muppet he was over and over again. Didn't take monkey boy seriously then did you. Well now look whats happened you morons elected him you deal with it. End of discussion move on

The fact he was totally underestimated is why he is sitting in the white house now

I'm not sure what you mean: muppet. Puppet? Does it have to do with the drunk driving ticket and the alleged (but never proved) cocaine use? How is that different from Bill Clinton "not inhaling"?

So far, I just do not see objective, rational proof to say that Bush is any worse than any of our other presidents. So, I can't feel the same way. I certainly can't call a person a moron for voting for him either. I find the whole thing fascinating, though (and I know I'm talking about it at great personal risk to my reputation here, which also fascinates me in itself).

But, back to the topic (the signal, not the noise): how about the possibility of Bush being an aspie? Is he not an aspie just because so many people who are hate him? Aren't the traits there? The awkward speaking and body language. Even the "bubble" people says he is in is a trait too, isn't it? The isolation?

muddlinthrough
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2006, 9:39 pm

I would have guessed Adhd, definitely not aspie.
He actually has a lot of leadership skills,he just doesn't know where he's going.

now I suspect some of the Stanford Neo-cons who manipulate him may be Aspie...the people Bush calls his council
of Vulcans.

Think about the tendency to reduce all social questions to economics-shows a flat , limited understanding of human behavior.
The entire rational for the war showed an extreme comitment to rationality and a complete indifference to empiracal
factors that contradicted the analysis.(I'm not talikng about the phoney WMD public rational, but the Iraq as jumping-off
point -to -control -the- regeon internal rational developed at Stanford).

Here's my Candidate for administration Aspie: Condi Rice.
Early learner.
Musical (left Brained)
Flat or angry affect.
Supposedly hasn't dated in almost thirty years.
And most telling:reminds me a bit of my aunt.