Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2009, 12:29 am

What RudeArthurRude(haha, sorry mate) is saying is that concept NT is not a neurology in itself, but simply the absence of other qualifying neurologies.

Neurotypical is the 'not otherwise specified' group of all neurologies. They are not all the same, and some are not even remotely normal. Its just that they dont qualify for autism, nor schizophrenia, or any other development disorders.

TheOddGoat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2009, 10:02 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
TheOddGoat wrote:
Quote:
if you really think that you can define someone based upon their neurology then you are a complete and utter fool

So -all- people who think that they can define someone based upon their neurology are fools?

What about people who...

Nevermind, I can't do it.

Its too droll.

I should have worded that better, naturally a persons unique neurology does to a great extent define who they are, what I am getting at are general neurological groupings

I was going to make a joke about generalisations - but thats a good point you sort of made against yourself :-P

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2009, 3:15 am

jimmister wrote:
Okay, I am talking about the Christian God here.

Sometimes I don't think God is very tolerant of those who wish to socialize and be normal (aspies). I am even convinced he is kind of full of bigotry and hates all ASD people because of the people he placed around us, our traits, how we can't fit in to mainstream society, etc. There are more issues, which don't have anything at all to do with ASDs.

well, one should tend to blame God for many troubles, but actually people are to blame for it, the bigotry, unacceptance or any problems towards ASD people are people themselves, although one could blame God for creating men in the first place (What was He thinking?!)

Quote:
I think I should become an atheist. I am tired of it. Why should I believe in God if he won't let me drive, make it hard for me to get married, etc.?

Because atheism doesn't seem to be about consciously turning your back on God, despite few claiming it is, it doesn't seem to be: "I'll decide to disbelieve in God because he doesn't let me drive", it doesn't look that that defines atheism. (a bit of a joke in there)

Quote:
I am now to convinced the the some stuff in the bible is full of BS. All I want is help coming in terms with my Catholic faith.

well, it is true that atheism may eventually arise from subjective experiences and that seems a bit of a problem, instead of being for completely intelectual reasons, at least from my perspective it looks that that actually happens. Questioning the Bible seems to be also the case, I do know that people tend to question things when those things don't seem to work for them in their daily and acumulated experience, and I tend to see that as a common reason for rejections of many ideologies, philosophies and religion as well as embracing some of them. I'd prefer to reject the Bible for intelectual reasons mainly, if I reject the Bible, and even so, the consideration may not be the Bible itself, but rather few interpretations of it.

EC
Toucan
Toucan

17 Nov 2009, 9:57 am

Blaming God for your troubles and then becoming Atheist is pretty stupid. Don't get me wrong, it's a good thing to get away from the whole wizard in the sky who made the Earth 6000 years ago thing, but the whole "God didn't give me my unicorn so I ain't gonna believe in him anymore!" is just silly, and if that's your rationale for not being religious anymore, you're most likely gonna come right back to God - No no, he didn't hit me, I just fell down the stairs and walked face-first into a door, but it's alright now because he loves me.

That's called Battered Wife Syndrome by the way, and it applies to God, too, when you think about it. You should think about how it relates to you.

ChrisHitchens
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Nov 2009, 12:13 pm

The god of the bible doesn't exist outside of the minds of those who believe in him.

Any questions?

The god of the old testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction, jealous and proud of it; a petty, unforgiving, unjust control-freak; a vindictive bloodthirst ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, genocidal, meglomaniacal,