Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2009, 11:24 pm

Technician Proximity Effect - the likelyhood of a problem piece of equipment not working falls as the distance to a technician increases; and vice versa (also known as the Intermittent Collary...;)

Technician Perplexity Effect - you're always given problems that equal or exceed your knowledge; the more you learn, the harder the problems get.

Law of Intelligence vs. Evolution - only lifeforms that are imperfectly adapted to their environment need, or evolve, true intelligence.

If buttered bread always lands butter-side down, and cats land feet first, could you create antigravity by strapping buttered bread to a cats' stomach?...;)

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2009, 5:27 am

actually, in truth, rap isn't strictly "black" music.
Heard of The Beastie Boys? White band :lol:
& pretty much what rap was originally. It was simply adopted & changed by black artists until what it became largely what it is now.

& some people simply don't like rap & hip hop, not because a majority of contemporary artists in the genre are black, but because of the way it sounds, & possibly because of a lack of diversity in lyric subject matter.

Personally i like some rap, just not the artists who make a bunch of catchy pointless songs.
such as about how rich they are, how "gangsta" they believe they are, or how much sex and/or drugs they're getting. Or any of that superficial ego-trip bullcrap.
i like lyrics i can identify with, or that evoke a feeling, etc
Not that i don't like some of the ones that are just catchy, funny, or sound cool too though haha.

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jan 2010, 7:21 pm

Coadunate wrote:
Starrsy wrote:

Quote:
To start, my theory is, if you dont like rap or hip hop or anything like that, your racist!! because its black music and you hate it cause its how they like it!!

I hate rap or hip hop but I LOVE Louis Armstrong Jimi Hendrix, Nat "King" Cole and almost every black blues musician that ever lived. What does that make me?

How can anyone hate Hendrix he was awesome

my theory is that everything in the media is a lie,and everything that was true was to cover their tracks

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jan 2010, 7:23 pm

Coadunate wrote:
Starrsy wrote:

Quote:
To start, my theory is, if you dont like rap or hip hop or anything like that, your racist!! because its black music and you hate it cause its how they like it!!

I hate rap or hip hop but I LOVE Louis Armstrong Jimi Hendrix, Nat "King" Cole and almost every black blues musician that ever lived. What does that make me?

How can anyone hate Hendrix he was awesome

my theory is that everything in the media is a lie,and everything that was true was to cover their tracks

FTM
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Jan 2010, 5:35 am

Starrsy wrote:

The first Rap song to chart in the UK was Rapture by Blondie.

My theorie is,
Deja Vu is just a memory passed down in your genes from your mother. You walk down a street and think, "I know this street" and you have never been there before. Your mother probably has.

I thank you.

bigblock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jan 2010, 5:56 am

ruveyn wrote:
Starrsy wrote:
Any random theories youd like to share? this is the place!!

(DISCLAIMER! my use of the words they, black and/or any other offensive words were accidental. please feel free to inform me if your offended and i wil apologise!)

Any other theories? please post, id like an insight as to whether other aspies are like me!

My thesis: There are two kinds of people: those who divide the human race into two kinds of people and those who do not.

ruveyn

I hypothesize that there are two kinds of people in the world as well, Funny and not funny. I find Ruveyn flippin hilarious :lol:

mysassyself
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2010, 6:50 am

pakled wrote:

Law of Intelligence vs. Evolution - only lifeforms that are imperfectly adapted to their environment need, or evolve, true intelligence.

Somewhat related:

I had a theory a long time ago that cats and/or dogs would learn to talk.

It came from those videos people take where cats and dogs say 'hello' - there seem to be already instances where animals can mimic words; why would they not evolve to use language?
:D

A Thursday child ..

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2010, 9:05 am

I've had TONS of theories over the years- I went through a phase of being a conspiracy nutjob.

One of the ones I STILL believe in is that Tupac is alive in hiding, recording with artists like Elton John, who are sworn to absolute secrecy about it.

Oh, and in my mind, MJ didn't die. He, like Tupac, faked his death to get out of doing the concerts at the O2. He was in too bad a shape to actually do the concerts, even though just days before he "died" he looked brilliant in rehersals. He is currently recuperating in secret, the infamous ambulance pic that OK printed was staged.

*ducks flames*

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2010, 10:52 pm

Travel Channel has a bias against Louisiana.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2010, 11:19 pm

This is all too complicated for an emerging drummer who loves The Kinks to follow. My theory is "Keep it Short and Simple."