Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Diamonddavej
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2009, 2:40 pm

Here is an article about Jonathan Davies, who has Aspergers, he successfully sued two people that took advantage of his trusting nature to con him out of 8,000 Canadian dollars over 5 days, by getting him to buy - groceries, cigarettes, gift cards, gas, a car battery, tires, and even car insurance, using cash and two credit card

Jonathan has a brilliant memory - he can recall all date, places, times and even conversations word for word - successfully sued the people who conned him. Gordon Montgomery, co-ordinator of Aspirations, an autism/Asperger support group, says 90% of people with Apergers who appear in court are victims like Jonathan.

Article: A little help from his friends

27 Nov 2009, 2:46 pm

Good thing I don't help strangers or people. You just never know.

I am surprised he had never learned this before. I knew since my late teens.

demeus
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2009, 4:41 pm

I am not surprised. I have had a hard time with people trying to trick me to give them information and or let them do stuff on the grounds that they were my friends and or I would not get into trouble. The first time I stopped doing that, I was almost 32.

Looks like the Ottawa police did not take the case seriously however. I think the judge was surprised to that this ended up in front of him in small claims court. Hopefully, the Ottawa police take the judge seriously and press charges against these creeps.

doctorman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Nov 2009, 5:00 pm

justice was served. You gotta hate dicks who take advantage of people's conditions.

Dark_Red_Beloved
Toucan
Toucan

27 Nov 2009, 7:06 pm

YES!

As I read this article I can barely contain my glee. Con artists make life hell for everyone--esp. spectrum folk. So this is a special cause for celebration. Breakout the champagne and add a notch to your faith in humanity meter, folks. Here's one for the home team! (honest people of all neurologies)

:D

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2009, 7:24 pm

Oh yes, very nice. I'll bet it would've been fun to watch that trial, as he rattled off every detail that nailed those bastards that cheated him.

Quote:
The judge believed Davies' account from top to bottom, stating that he was accepting "all the evidence of the plaintiff" unconditionally. "The plaintiff was defrauded by both defendants," said the judge. "... It's a shock."

He ordered Faulkner and Bigras to repay Davies $8,072.39, plus interest and $175 in court costs. Dwoskin also ordered them to pay $1,210.86 for Davies' legal fees, even though Curran represented his client at no charge.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2009, 12:39 am

:D

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2009, 11:48 pm

I don't get people who get off on taking advantage of other people. It's a sick world.

-Pythagoras

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2009, 3:48 am

Quote:
The chances of Davies getting back any of the money are slim, as Bigras and Faulkner are believed to be on welfare. But a condition put on the two at Curran's request is that if either files for bankruptcy, the money they owe Davies will not be excused, as it was gained fraudulently.

Sounds like he wont be getting his money back since these seagull fart sucking leeches are welfare bums...however since the money is not excused, maybe the welfare can be garnisheed....whatever welfare these scum get, it should be given to Davies instead....let these criminals live out in the cold for a year on the street.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2009, 12:10 am

I think Revenue Canada would be required to fork over any money that these thieves were supposedly due in a tax return to Davies instead.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!