Empathising Quotient and Systemising Quotient (EQ SQ) tests

Page 4 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Which type are you according to these EQ SQ tests?
Type E ('female brain') 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Type S ('male brain') 10%  10%  [ 7 ]
Type B ('balanced brain') 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Extreme Type E ('extreme female brain') 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Extreme Type S ('extreme male brain') 84%  84%  [ 58 ]
Total votes : 69

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 3:53 am

This test reminds me far too much of the rather ridiculous one-size-fits-all MMPI tests which have been present on every neuropsych eval i've taken.

As if EVERY "systemizer" must be fascinated with freeways, train timetables, etc....or they'll lose "SQ" points. :roll:

Ditto for questions on the "EQ" test.

Why is it that the designers can't include "not applicable" on these sort of tests?

No offense to the OP....but I just can't tests like this very seriously.

Nonetheless...I was pretty sure my SQ was substantially higher than my EQ long before taking this test.

My results here simply provide "objective confirmation"......NOT!! !! :tongue:

The falcon-headed one's results:

Your Systemizing (SQ) and Empathizing (EQ) Quotient Test Results
February 11, 2011

Click here to share your EQ SQ scores on your blog.

Respondent Average EQ Average SQ Brain Type
Males 39.0 61.2 Systemizing
Females 48.0 51.7 Empathizing
Your Score 21 63 Extreme Systemizing

What does your score mean?

Generally, the higher the score the greater your natural ability for that trait. However, the EQ test has 40 questions compared to 75 in the SQ test. As a result, although the unprocessed quotients may be used for comparing each trait ability between individuals, the absolute scores do not tell an individual if he or she has a greater tendency to empathize or systemize. A calculation taking into account the quantity of questions in each test is used to determine a person's brain type along the following continuum:

•Extreme Empathizing (Extreme E)
•Empathizing (E)
•Balanced (B)
•Systemizing (S)
•Extreme Systemizing (Extreme S)
Brain Types of Experimental Control Groups
Respondent Extreme E E Balanced S Extreme S
Males 0% 17% 31% 46% 6%
Females 7% 47% 32% 14% 0%

The important factor to consider is not your absolute score, but the difference between the two. This indicates whether you have more natural ability as an Empathizer or a Systemizer. If your scores are about the same for your EQ and SQ, then you have well balanced empathizing-systemizing capabilities.

Morning comes the sunrise and i'm driven to my bed, I see that it is empty and there's devils in my head. I embrace, the many-colored beast...I grow weary of the torment....can there be no peace? I find myself just wishing, that my life would simply cease

lostD
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 4:49 am

It's a good thing that I do not care about most things which were in the SQ test and care about friends and animals because I am still "extreme S".
EQ : 23
SQ : 71

KBerg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Feb 2011, 5:21 am

EQ: 38 and SQ: 64. I was furious after doing the EQ portion at myself for scoring so low.

The SQ portion frustrated me because well some of these questions... I do sort my collections... to me they're perfectly organized and I can find anything immediately. My system is purely emotional though, I can explain it, but without knowing how I feel about a movie you can't find anything as fast as I can in there. It's one of those questions that, should that count towards systematizing, or should that count against it? It feels like it should count against it, yet the organization is so good if I see an empty spot I immediately know which item out of 400+ is missing.

Rat_Barzane
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Feb 2011, 8:40 am

EQ=17 SQ=75

Some questions are rather irrelevant.. For example I've only been on trains a couple of times in my life so I havn't had a chance to become obsessed with their rails and timetables :lol:

Your Aspie score: 155 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 57 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

FarqyTheIndolent
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 9:52 am

I've taken this test a number of times, and have always scored as Extreme S.
The last time I took it, which was around two or three weeks ago, my EQ was 23 and my SQ was 77.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 11:48 am

OK, I answered every question truthfully, and I scored 52 on the EQ test. Very high for an Aspie. And for the SQ test I scored 30.

bordersgourier
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Oct 2011, 9:46 pm

EQ 3, SQ 101

Extreme Systemising - just cottened on to this AS thing, would explain alot about my life. I like the quote 'You don't suffer from Aspergers, you suffer from other people'

bluebandit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Oct 2011, 11:46 pm

EQ 7
SQ 36
Extreme Systemizing

I'm not particularly good at either(both below average, apparently). But then again, I don't relate to either mindset. I don't really have much social experience, I've spent my whole life somewhat separate from others. I remember spending my preschool years watching the other kids play.

As for systemizing, I don't have much interest in it. I'm only organized superficially. I'm a poor planner and am even worse in execution.

bordersgourier
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Oct 2011, 8:10 pm

My wife just took the test and scored Extreme Empathiser. No wonder it's been like living in an episode of Tom & Jerry for 12 years. I said that I could read her like a book - Unfortunately it's written in Japanese, It's about Flower Arranging and there are no pictures. going to now spend sometime trying to figure each other out

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 9:00 pm

I am going to predict that I'm a little of both as I know I have traits of both....am guessing that the ASD individual would have a low EQ and high SQ. The younger me would have had a very high SQ as she was obsessed with the systems, categories and details of everything.

(I laughed at question 30 as it talks about airline logos and flags of the world...those were my special interests around age 5-6! Bahahaha!)

Final results:
EQ - 49 SQ - 52
B- Balanced

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 9:12 pm

What type of test consists of just asking if you how strongly you agree with various statements about yourself? That's hardly a test at all. I don't want to judge myself as I feel I won't give the proper answers and the results won't be accurate.

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2015, 6:02 pm

wonderful, looks like i'm all-around stupid.

(since the original link wouldn't load i used this test)

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2015, 6:30 pm

EQ: 10
SQ: 32 (This effing HAS to be broken!)