How common are fakes in online dating profiles?

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2009, 11:10 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
People have used my pictures in fake profiles.
Most fakes use pics of generic hot women though. If you see one and want to check if she is fake before contacting her, www.fakersbusted.com is your friend.

Will make a note of that!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

pippilngstkngpr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Dec 2009, 5:04 am

I been on a few online dating sites since December of 2007. I have found 4 dates while on the few sites. There are lots of spam and fakes on dating sites, but there are on lots of sites you go on online. After being on for so long, I could tell. When you meet the person from online, first date I bring someone along with me. Well, I am always shy and not talking, plus it's safer, and I always met in public when I found the few boyfriends I dated in 2008.

I have used plentyoffish, okcupid, myspace (it's not a dating site, but have found 2 guys on that site), mingle2 ( though it's not as good as plentyoffish and okcupid).

Redfox
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2009, 9:46 am

I've had a number of dates from OKCupid and Plentyoffish and never had a problem. You can pick them out during webcam or AIM conversations, but I never had to. That said, I haven't had much luck past the first date. There is also nolongerlonely.com for people with mental illnesses and other conditions such as AS. I am also a guy and I'd imagine girls have a much harder time finding a real date.