Should mothers be held responsible for their kids' deaths?

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Vandike
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Feb 2006, 3:13 pm

When a child dies, no matter what the reason is, I believe the mother should be held responsible. She should be imprisoned if not extradited to a third world country with a bad human rights record.

Whether a mother chokes her child to death with its bedspread or whether the child dies during the time the mother is giving birth or whether the child dies for any other reason which is because of the mother's inferior genes, she should be held accountable.

Your thoughts?

DrizzleMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2006, 3:27 pm

Vandike wrote:
Your thoughts?

Troll, IMHO. Not to sound nasty, but you asked, and that's the impression I get. If I'm wrong, tell me why.

Why mothers and not fathers? Why do you think that all factors must be controlled by genes?

Last edited by DrizzleMan on 20 Feb 2006, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vandike
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Feb 2006, 3:30 pm

I've got strong opinions and am forthright and honest. I'm insulted both politically and personally at you casting the aspersion at me that I'm a "troll".

DrizzleMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2006, 3:33 pm

I'm sorry if you feel insulted, but I am not the first to suggest this (click), and if you find the label insulting when no insult is intended, perhaps you should consider that suggesting that people neuter themselves is an insult, even if it isn't intended as one.

I can see you have strong opinions, and I have been forthright in my opinion of your opinions.

Vandike
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Feb 2006, 3:36 pm

Well, anyway, moving on... I'd like to have a discussion if that's OK with you. If you want to talk to me about me send me personal messages if you like.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2006, 6:43 pm

So, for example, if a woman gives birth to a child and it dies from illness a few days later or is stillborn, you think she should be held accountable and punished?

It is bad enough that a child dies, I can't even begin to imagine what it feels like to have a child and then it die, imagine being told that because of your genes and the fact that you're its mother that its your fault to top it off? This is an insanely cruel thing to do to a grieving mother, or even to suggest, unless she has actually murdered her own child in which case she deserves everything she gets. But if she played no part in it and was innocent, then to punish someone like that is wrong and sick. I think this is a horrible thread.

Aspen
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2006, 7:29 pm

Vandike wrote:
When a child dies, no matter what the reason is, I believe the mother should be held responsible. She should be imprisoned if not extradited to a third world country with a bad human rights record.

Whether a mother chokes her child to death with its bedspread or whether the child dies during the time the mother is giving birth or whether the child dies for any other reason which is because of the mother's inferior genes, she should be held accountable.

Your thoughts?

My thought is that you are trolling, Vandike, given the nature of threads you have started, including this one.

As the mother of a child who died, I find your opinion that because my daughter died, I should be imprisoned or "extradited to a third world country with a bad human rights record" reprehensible.

You wrote in another thread that you would like to be neutered. Castration might be a good idea in your case. It would be an honor to help you find a doctor to perform the surgery.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2006, 7:44 pm

I think that there is too much luck involved in whether a child dies or not to claim that the mother is responsible in all situations. The mother is really only responsible if she kills the child or let it fail or die out of negligence/bad parenting. If the child dies in child birth then that is probably just a sign of bad luck rather than her bad genes(a challenged individual could theoretically be born to an olympic athlete/nobel prize winner).

I think that your idea on the mother's responsibility is rather misguided as it overlooks the random aspects of child development, gene selection, and of life itself.

ancientofdaze
Raven
Raven

20 Feb 2006, 9:10 pm

Vandike went totally OTT with

Quote:
Your thoughts?

My thoughts? Unprintable.
I'm passing on this one.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2006, 10:07 pm

Since you're asking such stupid questions, I'm going to ask one of my own:
Your profile says you're NT.
Why are you here?

Vandike
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Feb 2006, 3:20 am

I'm here because I believe I may have AS - a good enough reason to be here.

IgorStop
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Feb 2006, 6:05 am

Vandike,

so far you have told us that you believe that poor people are the only remaining problem that society has left, and that you think it would be a good idea for them to be sterilized. Your question about whether people on this site would consider being neutered is, I assume, related. People here with AS/autism are defective and should not reproduce? Is this correct?

Mothers whose children die 'for any reason,' should be tortured and killed in some country where you don't have to take responsibility for this.

What are you on? All I have seen you do so far is provoke people, including a mother who has lost a child. I have two children and don't even want to try to imagine the pain of this loss, I can only extend my sincerest sympathies to her.

The one thing you have not done is to try to enter into any kind of a discussion, or in any way justify the frankly obnoxious opinions you have expressed. What are you getting out of this?

Vandike
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Feb 2006, 6:13 am

IgorStop ~~~ My mother created me, I'll never forgive her for that. She should have been sterilized. She wasn't fit to bear children as my existence proves.

IgorStop

23 Feb 2006, 8:46 am

Phew, all I can suggest is that you start again here Vandike, because it sounds like you really need some help. If you don't tell people what your circumstances are, then all they can do is assume that you are 'trolling,' I am not absolutely certain what that means but I have taken the definition from the context of what people are accusing you of.

First of all

http://www.wrongplanet.net/asperger.htm ... pic&t=8797

lists for vulnerable members.

If you came to this site looking for help, you went the wrong way about it, not exactly unheard of if you really do have AS. I suggest you start a new thread in the haven, tell people about yourself and ask for some advice. There are plenty of people here who have been at the pointy end of lifes stick, myself included. Try listening.

You hate your mother and you hate yourself. Ok, as I said, I have no idea about your personal history, but generally parents have children because they want to love them. If this hasn't happend in your case I am truly sorry. You should try not to project your hateful feelings about your mother onto all mothers. The vast majority of them are people doing their best and making mistakes like everybody else on the planet, NT or AS.

This may be too wishy washy and liberal for you. Well, all I can say is that's me all over.

PlatypusMan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Feb 2006, 4:02 pm

"Whether a mother chokes her child to death with its bedspread or whether the child dies during the time the mother is giving birth or whether the child dies for any other reason which is because of the mother's inferior genes, she should be held accountable."

Explain how a mother's "inferior" genes would result in a child getting sick? Explain how a mother's genes would result in a child getting hit by a car? What about being shot? Or struck by lightning? The idea that someone must be punished for inferior genes is outlandish, and downright laughable.

"I'm here because I believe I may have AS - a good enough reason to be here."
Good enough reason to join? Maybe. Good enough reason to troll?

You know, for a person wanting a discussion, or (more directly) a debate, you're not doing a very good job of it.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2006, 5:35 pm

Vandike wrote:
IgorStop ~~~ My mother created me, I'll never forgive her for that. She should have been sterilized. She wasn't fit to bear children as my existence proves.

Is your life a result of her bad actions after your birth? Was she incapable of supporting you as a mother is supposed to support a child? I suppose that I shouldn't pry too much into such dark feelings, however, your mother is not responsible for a random assortment of genes.

Your mother is responsible for the circumstances of your birth(born rich or poor) and she is responsible for much of your care after birth and she could possibly be blamed a little for your success after you leave her care. Your mother cannot be blamed for you having AS because in all likelihood she didn't know that she had the genes and because it is possible that she could have had 10 other children with none of them having AS. Your existance is proof of nothing, a mother could give birth to a severely mentally and physically challenged person that dies after 1 year of tortured existence and then give birth to a child that becomes a nobel prize winner. 2 dramatically different outcomes, same mother, all because of statistics and not good genes vs bad genes.