Learning to think before you say or a punch in the arm

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

veiledexpressions
Toucan
Toucan

15 Dec 2009, 7:01 pm

I think that your husband's idea was very wrong.

Even with negative feedback, I don't seem to learn. I'm hurt when people are angry with me, but I still haven't been able to properly handle situations. It's incredibly frustrating. No amount of physical or emotional pain is going to make me "better". Your husband needs to learn that that "switch" doesn't exist in everyone.

15 Dec 2009, 7:12 pm

I explained to my husband how it won't work when you punch an autistic or someone on the spectrum for saying something wrong. Sure it may have worked with him and he said it took him five years, I swore he said after a few times. But with me I don't know if it's going to offend someone, even if I am thinking. That's the problem with autism. So how is a punishment going to work? Would he like me to start punching him for every time he speaks poor grammar? Can he stop? Or what about if I start punching him for spelling wrong, that would make him think to spell right? He understands now.

My husband can't stop using poor grammar because he doesn't even know he is doing it. He can't stop misspelling words because of his dyslexia and when he uses spell check, all the words look the same to him so even a punishment for him won't do.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2009, 7:48 pm

EnglishInvader wrote:
conan wrote:
It is not easy living a life of constraint.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n257 ... chSlap.gif

Keep Your Pimp Hand Strong, son 8)