Anybody else hate being photographed?

Page 3 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 11:06 am

Generally I don't like having photo's taken of me, though I will usually tolerate it if somebody asks. --I absolutely hate it when people take photos of me without asking.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 12:20 pm

I don't mind taking photographs but I rather not grin as im not very confident with my smile and have been teased about it plenty of times, it sometimes gets the better of me also when i'm being recorded is the part I don't at all like very much... :( and I also hate the sound of my own voice....... But when I do it do record it, I would rehearse over and over and over again to get it good... Its kinda pointless really?

With photographs of today, sometimes you can just simply improve it using photoshop.... thats what i sometimes do to get my pictures to look better... :lol: YAY technology. :D

superboyian.

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 12:49 pm

I never understood the whole need for it. 1 Picture for each phase of your life, maybe, but more than that is ridiculous. Hell, my mother got into the whole photo happy bit over Thanksgiving break. We all had matching shirts (like a bunch of damn tourists, even though we're regulars to the place we were going), the sun was high (so that didnt mix well with photosensory issues), and with the squinting, i could picture what my face would look like and it would have been dumb. So, now my mother says, "You ruined the photos you didnt smile in." <sigh> I was about to say, "Mom, you know my tendencies, you should have thought about that beforehand." Then its the whole, "Well you knew this was going to happen, so you should have sucked it up," argument so taking pictures was never something i liked. Especially for the "dress-up" occasions, hated those even more. I wouldnt have minded it if Id been allowed to wear my hat and/or shades to keep the sun out of my eyes the whole time.

OT: Is everyone able to see my Avatar? Cant remember if i posted it correctly.

Lukario
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 2:13 pm

Yes and I hate my family members for being asses and photographing me when I've clearly said NO!

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 4:11 pm

Can't stand my smile in photos. Looks like a lemon wedge.

I must ask, PlatedDrake: where did you get your dragon avatar?

Jaee
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Dec 2013, 4:55 pm

I hate it because I can't look at the camera. On the rare times when somebody wants to take my photo, we end up standing there for ages because I fidget and look up and down and anywhere but at the camera. Then they get a photo where I look weird because I'm trying to avoid looking at them.

I guess it's too much like making eye contact.

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 5:03 pm

I hate it because I can't ever smile good...

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 5:11 pm

I'm a camwhore as long as it's not a totally candid shot from below showing aaaaalll the chin.

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 5:49 pm

I hate people taking photos as the make me feel uncomfortable, and I never know how I am supposed to look when having my photo taken (assuming that's what is meant by this post).

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNjuB4 ... WnSA552Xjg

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

Norepinephrine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Dec 2013, 6:47 pm

Sometimes. It depends upon the circumstance and the explicit purpose the photo will hold. If it's entirely optional and is supposed to capture me within a good moment, then it's all cool. But however, if it's obligatory or I'm somehow cohered into it, I'll normally find that I won't enjoy it; most of these photos come out terribly. I can't be forced to smile or look good unless it feels natural to me.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

11 Dec 2013, 7:38 pm

I don't mind it, actually.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 7:50 pm

I always hated it, - even as a little kid. I look awful on photos and people have slowly accepted, that I demand that any photo of me be taken away!

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 8:27 pm

I have never liked having my photo taken.
I would always do a disappearing act as soon as I saw anyone take a camera out.

Diagnosed in 2005

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 8:29 pm

I don't really HATE having my picture taken, but what I don't like about it is when flash is used...when the flash is used, my eyes automatically close, due to my visual defensiveness. And then when the photos are developed/looked at, everyone is like, "AAaaaaaww, LtlPinkCoupe, your eyes are closed!" It's just another instance in which I get the blame for something I have no control over. :roll:

I was in a ton of photos when I was a little kid, tho - and nearly all of them show me with at least one or two of my stuffed animals/coping items. I think for the slice-of-life photos, that was just because I always had at least one or two with me, but for the ones my mom took me to a place like Sears to get taken (like for Christmas cards) I was given a stuffed animal by the photographer because that was probably the only way to persuade me to stay quiet and still for as long as was necessary.

One of my favorite baby pictures is one of me taken around my first Christmas that shows me in a little plaid dress holding a stuffed Pooh. My dad tells me that before the photographer gave me the Pooh, everyone was trying to get me to smile, and I seemed confused and didn't know what was expected of me, trying to climb down and crawl away, etc. Then the photographer gave me the Pooh and since Pooh was one of my first "character obsessions," I settled down with him and started grinning away. Then when the photo shoot was done, the photographer tried to get his Pooh back from me, and I didn't understand why.

There's also a photo of me from when I was about 3 or 4 holding a brown teddy bear, and a couple others from the same year where I'm holding one of my coping items in each one...in one, a toy of Lowly Worm in his apple car from the Richard Scarry books, and in the other, a seashell.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2013, 6:07 pm

It hurts to smile. I have to voluntarily put effort into it. :lol: