Has anyone here attended College Internship Program?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ptown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Dec 2009, 9:57 pm

Has anyone here attended "College Internship Program?" My roommate was accepted and given a housing/utility scholarship. Plus the Regional Center will pick up the rest of the tab.
Any good words to say about this program? He has HFA and is incredibly disorganized /undisciplined yet brilliant.
Thanks.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 11:44 pm

I don't know anything about this particular program, but in general I consider various internships an excellent tryout for employability and experience, which looks good on a resume. It's also good for expanding horizons and trying out personal independence. One can earn a modest salary and there's little chance of being dismissed unless you do something really bad, but if you can get a substantial amount of work done it will be praised.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

lotuspuppy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 5:10 pm

Thanks to where my school is (Washington DC), I have so many internships just a bus ride or metro ride away from me. I got one at a trade association, and it was the single best experience of my entire life. It's now a paying job. And they pay me well.

ptown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Dec 2009, 11:21 pm

thanks guys.
i'm specifically speaking about "THE" College Internship Program for students with HFA/Aspergers.

http://www.collegeinternshipprogram.com/

Has anyone here attended?