Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Barce
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Dec 2008, 7:47 am

I think during my transition from a child to teenager, i developed a phobia for social situations as result of many delays i experienced and noticeable behavioural/functioning flaws. Hence i often feel social phobic.

Puppet
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Dec 2008, 8:00 am

There are so many in that list that I won't even list them here.

My major phobia (at the moment) is dactophobia, fear of fingers.

BastetsEye
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Dec 2008, 8:09 am

I have a fear of fire )so much that I can't even use a lighter to light the oven.)
I'm afraid of living a long life.
I'm afraid of my kidneys failing (I have kidney disorder and have issues with organ donation.)
I'm afraid of falling (I say falling as I love height when I know there's no chance of me falling)
I'm afraid of dummys (I don't mind puppets but I can't stand the ones that are supposed to look like humans-I have to look away when ever they come on tv or change the channel).
I'm afraid of the cotton wool that they put in pill bottle.

I have a social and agorophobia.

And the one I'm most embarressed about, I have a fear of uncircumsized penises! JUst thinking of them ....yah!

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 8:16 am

I fear heights. Especially ladders and epecially the descent.

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 8:58 am

I have:
Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders
Entomophobia- Fear of insects
(You know... I'm basically terrifyed of anything that can be called a "bug". :? Nothing like running away from a friggin' butterfly... *Sigh*)

Acrophobia- Fear of heights
Aichmophobia- Fear of needles.

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 9:44 am

I'm very scared of being on high buildings and cliffs. I've had a premonition all my life that I'll die by falling. :( It really stresses me out when I see other people near a drop, too, I can't stand it.

(edit) I don't know if that's usual for people who are scared of heights to be scared on account of other people near heights. Anyone?

The year is still young.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 2:24 pm

I am emetophobic, I am phobic of vomiting and sadly a lot of people get a kick out of that.

BastetsEye
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Dec 2008, 2:29 pm

lioness, I found that when ever I think I'm about to vomit, telling myself that there is no need for me to vomit, than I reconise that there is something inside of me that my body wants to remove, but there are other ways to go about it. And usually that works.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 2:33 pm

Fear of:
Ladders
Heights
Flying
Darkness
Clowns
Choking
Encountering a Dead Animal
Spiders
Chastisement
Abuse

Last edited by AnonymousAnonymous on 12 Dec 2008, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 2:34 pm

BastetsEye wrote:
lioness, I found that when ever I think I'm about to vomit, telling myself that there is no need for me to vomit, than I reconise that there is something inside of me that my body wants to remove, but there are other ways to go about it. And usually that works.

It's true and not that long ago I had a close call of being sick and I managed not to because I willed it to not happen.. but the bigger problem for is that, a lot of other people get sick and I can't be around them if they do. If my kids get sick which is rare, fortunately my husband takes care of it. I just can't be around puke. Anything else, I can easily deal with!!

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 2:43 pm

At least now I know I'm not the only one that's scared to death of vomiting! I've gotten it under control somewhat in the last few years, because of taking care of my kids when they get sick, but the fear is still there. I didn't even throw up once during any of my pregnancies, because I am so scared of it that I can hold it down, most of the time.

I'm also terrified of wasps, and hornets. I think that's about it. I have a few other fears, but I don't think they would qualify as phobias. A phobia has to be something that you're irrationally terrified of.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 2:49 pm

serenity wrote:
At least now I know I'm not the only one that's scared to death of vomiting! I've gotten it under control somewhat in the last few years, because of taking care of my kids when they get sick, but the fear is still there. I didn't even throw up once during any of my pregnancies, because I am so scared of it that I can hold it down, most of the time.

I'm also terrified of wasps, and hornets. I think that's about it. I have a few other fears, but I don't think they would qualify as phobias. A phobia has to be something that you're irrationally terrified of.

I also never got sick once with my daughter but I had some severe nausea. With my son I had nothing! Go figure. I got sick violently this past July and that was HELL!! I think it made my phobia even worse. And no you are definitely not alone. As far as being scared of wasps... I think its a normal fear. I'm scared of them too but again, I wouldn't think of them as phobias. I am also claustrophobic... but again I am not sure if that is a true phobia. I just remember once I tried going for an MRI and I freaked out and had to get out immediately. Obviously the test was never done.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 2:57 pm

I have a chemical phobia, I'm not sure what that is called though.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 10:09 pm

Having my knees touched if they are unbent- Ever since I could remember, if someone or something touched my knees or elbows when they were unbent, I would get this horrible sensation of pain that was tourture and that made me feel like I would pass out if it kept up. It's so bad I have actualy considered having my legs amputated and getting prostetic legs. Ocupational therapist tried to get me over this but with no sucess. It's not the skin, but something inside them like a nerve. No one would believe me about how bad it was until now. I once saw this vet show where a dog had a really bad knee injury and even under anastesia, it's vital signs would change if it's knee was touched. They had to give it a nerve blocker. If I ever need knee surgery, I don't think a nerve blocker would help. I can't watch TV shows about knee surgery weither the paitent is an animal or a human. I cringe thinking about my surgery rotation in vet school. I have to overcome this.

Having to share a room with another person

Being put in an asylum/instution/mental hospital or group home

Being put in jail

Human faces- I just don't like them. Espicaly sticking out of the neck of a zebra costume like some sick Salvador Dali on LSD painting. Whoever designed the costumes for the Lion King broadway show needs to be shot.

Clowns- When I was younger I would have panick attacks if I saw one at a carnival or something. I don't even like to look at pictures of clowns.

Cat brains- When my older brother was doing his high school biology course, he would bring parts of his cat specimen home and keep them in the freezer, and when my parents caught on to him he would hide them in his room until they started to smell. I was okay with it until he brought the brain home and started chasing me around the house with it. Plus, there's just something eirie about the eyeballs hanging out. All other cat internal organs and brains of other animals I am fine with but cat brains just send me over the edge. I know I will have to get over this eventualy if I ever plan to become a vet.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 10:29 pm

PunkyKat wrote:

Clowns- When I was younger I would have panick attacks if I saw one at a carnival or something. I don't even like to look at pictures of clowns.

Coulrophobia is very common. I know many who have this phobia and even though I don't have this particular phobia, I can understand how someone can be phobic of clowns.

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 1:21 am

My shadow! one of these days its going to catch me!
run run run! its always chasing me!