Page 7 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

multiSNP
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Mar 2010, 4:04 am

I would put suicide booths all around the cities and towns. Stepping into one and using it would be completely voluntary. It would also be created to perform it's function in the most humane way possible; what ever that may be uncovered to be. I imagine that after a while people with a naturally low resilience would naturally select themselves out of the population. I think this would lead to a generally healthier and happier society in the long term. This is just one idea out a group that I would like to implement and experiment with. People who have a natural tendency toward reckless behaviour could also be encouraged to lower their numbers naturally as it was before modern technology came along. For example, kids that get their driving licenses for the first time and then immediately go driving at top speeds on the roads thereafter. If they crash their cars and are critically injured, I would like to deny them life saving surgery that is possible with modern techniques. I think it would punish the genetic predisposition to 'push too far'. I know I am giving very isolated examples that could be picked apart, but these are the types of policies and ideas I would like to see pursued in a dictatorship role (a hypothetical one). Perhaps then we could have a world less inclined to breed the types of situations like what happened with Lehman Brothers and so on.

Flame away. :P

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2010, 4:21 am

multiSNP wrote:
I would put suicide booths all around the cities and towns. Stepping into one and using it would be completely voluntary. It would also be created to perform it's function in the most humane way possible; what ever that may be uncovered to be. I imagine that after a while people with a naturally low resilience would naturally select themselves out of the population. I think this would lead to a generally healthier and happier society in the long term. This is just one idea out a group that I would like to implement and experiment with. People who have a natural tendency toward reckless behaviour could also be encouraged to lower their numbers naturally as it was before modern technology came along. For example, kids that get their driving licenses for the first time and then immediately go driving at top speeds on the roads thereafter. If they crash their cars and are critically injured, I would like to deny them life saving surgery that is possible with modern techniques. I think it would punish the genetic predisposition to 'push too far'. I know I am giving very isolated examples that could be picked apart, but these are the types of policies and ideas I would like to see pursued in a dictatorship role (a hypothetical one). Perhaps then we could have a world less inclined to breed the types of situations like what happened with Lehman Brothers and so on.

Flame away. :P

A wonderful concept for corrupt police to get rid or unwanted witnesses, for disenchanted married couples to murder each other, for all sorts of criminals to commit all sorts of nasty acts.

you_are_what_you_is
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 11:20 am

I'd stop being a dictator, and try to reform the system such that nobody else could become a dictator either.

Daniella
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Mar 2010, 7:04 am

Give people a lot of freedom and not change too much at once, otherwise I would be overthrown and I think we're not functioning too bad anyway.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2010, 9:51 am

I would get out of town fast before I ended up dangling upside down from a lamp post as happened to Benito Musselini and his mistress.

ruven

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2010, 10:13 am

ruveyn wrote:
I would get out of town fast before I ended up dangling upside down from a lamp post as happened to Benito Musselini and his mistress.

ruven

The world is reasonably safe as long as we have lamp posts

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2010, 4:34 pm

If I would dictator of a wealthy nation, then I would have a high percentage of the tax money budgeted for the conquest of space.

Twyll
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Mar 2010, 4:53 pm

Invade Jupiter :pirat:

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2010, 6:54 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
If I would dictator of a wealthy nation, then I would have a high percentage of the tax money budgeted for the conquest of space.

No doubt space and space technology have contributed greatly to the advance of current civilization but many other technologies have equal or more importance. Apportionment of tax dollars is a very tricky business and a good deal of the money is no doubt badly spent. Space must take its turn at the dollar feeding trough.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 12:02 am

Twyll wrote:

That conquest would end at the lethal magnetosphere unfortunately. However, the moons of Jupiter would be a lot more feasible and potentially useful.

Daniella
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Mar 2010, 8:27 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Twyll wrote:

That conquest would end at the lethal magnetosphere unfortunately. However, the moons of Jupiter would be a lot more feasible and potentially useful.

And you shall become my first counselor.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 8:32 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Twyll wrote:

And what would you use the moons of Jupiter for?

Alycat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 8:45 am

Make sure everyone had enough food and water, clothes to wear and shelter and warmth. I'd put money in to social sectors to make sure hospitals, leisure facilities, schools and suchlike were all of good standard (and free). Apart from that I wouldn't do anything other than allow things to carry on as they are.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 2:13 pm

Sand wrote:

No doubt space and space technology have contributed greatly to the advance of current civilization but many other technologies have equal or more importance.

The unmanned programs have been reasonably useful The manned space program is Pyramid Building. It is a boondogle.

ruveyn

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 2:17 pm

Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Twyll wrote:

And what would you use the moons of Jupiter for?

Under the assumption that there is no life on any of them, each colony would be able to trade the resources of the planetoid they're on. Europa would hold the market for water. Saturn's Titan would hold the market for methane. Io, if a safe place for a colony could be developed, would have loads of geothermal energy to transfer into other forms (e.g., batteries, laser power transfer, etc.)

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 7:25 pm

I would have any and all men who have raped women and/or children castrated. :evil: I would make birth control a law and using unprotected sex would be illegal. :evil: Only men and women who are intelligent, don't drink smoke or do drugs, have healthy genes and will be loving and devoted parents will be allowed to breed, which is the only thing sex is good for anyway. :twisted: They would require a license and have to pass a series of tests if they truly want to have children. If they failed they would be forced to wear a device that would make unprotected sex extremely unpleasant and painful. :twisted: I would have people who have physically abused other people beaten in prison so that they will feel, perhaps to a smaller degree, the pain, suffering and terror they inflicted on their victims. :evil: I would destroy alcohol and cigarettes and anyone caught swearing would have to pay a fine. :twisted: I would have so-called Hollywood "celebrities" put on a rocketship on a collision course to the sun. :twisted: I would get rid of all the horrible TV commercials and stupid soap operas and awful reality shows. :twisted: And I would have my own private animation studio and make excellent cartoon shows and ban all the stupid cartoons that are on TV now. :P